MiddleCreek, nCA 06.15-17

I will be in Middle Creek, CA all weekend (06.15-17.01) with my girlfriend and a few buddies.
Anyone up for a ride this weekend? :p

NVR FNSH

Subscriber
kx100,
My wife & I will be up there on Sunday (17th). Not sure if we'll park at Middle Creek or make the drive up to Deer Valley.

You gonna have a new rear tire? Not sure a slick will work anymore:p

Brian

oh yea!
I'll attempt to do my first jetting job tonight and change the rear tire tomorrow night and probably stick a thicker tube in the rear.
yay! :)

fremontguy

Lifetime Sponsor
Like to go up there again, that trail #07, #6 combo is the best:) I'm not sure yet if this Sun. will work with the job schedule yet.

KX100,

I've never been to Middle Creek and the ride sounds great! I will try to put the bike back together since its a bit mangled from the Pole Cat Enduro. I may need to muzzle my wife as well as shes gettin' a bit snarly from all this riding.:scream: Anyone got some directions?;)

Dean

kali,
&!*@(#!@#%^!$@#!@#!@#$!@#%^$!@%^#$!%^@#!!!!!!
heh :think

shifty,
I'll post detailed directions tomorrow.. I'll have to get them at home.

Dave,
I think I've got the muzzlin' thing down finally after 4 years of scar tissue,:scream: but if you've got a smoothe tecnique I'm all ears. The pain usually only lasts till I get on the bike though:p Directions to Middle Creek would be most excellent!!

Dean

NVR FNSH

Subscriber
Kali,
Tell Kevin that you must go to Middle Creek on Sunday - you have a date with a tree root on #29:p

Brian

NVR FNSH

Subscriber
Just get him there...

Kali,
After riding at Middle Creek Kevin will A) Love you even more for making him go B) Be to darn tired to lay a hand on you:p C) Want to kill me for causing him to scratch his pretty, new bike.

I'm thinking a easy warm up in the morning - similar to what we rode before lunch - with the whole group & then splitting up into a fast & slow group after lunch. It's your job to get Kevin there - and it better be early enough to get a good ride in after 'lunch'.....

Brian

I hope I'll fall under the 'fast' category after all the riding I'll be doing saturday :p

my bike was running pretty weird out there last weekend.. should I rejet it to run richer or leaner with the altitude out there? I'm guessing its between 3000'-5000' feet..

NVR FNSH

Subscriber
kx100,
Altitude ranges from ~2000ft down at Middle Creek CG to ~6000ft at Elk Mtn & Goat Mtn (Stonyford side). You were running rich - assuming you run clean at Metcalf & Hollister. I'd say drop the pilot & main 1 size - Fremontguy or dirt bike dave have suggestions? I don't mess with the XR or my WR when we ride up there & I'm lousy at jetting 2smokes so don't take what I said as gospel.

Brian