Midwesterners - 4th Annual Peotone, IL, Fair Race June 23rd & 24th!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Come on out for the 4th Annual Peotone Country Festival Fair Race at the Will County Fairgrounds (Peotone, IL)! Two nights of racing - Friday, June 23rd, and Saturday, June 24th. (The weekend before Red Bud)

Gates open at 3:00 pm, practice at 5:00 pm, races to follow. Free overnight camping in the pits.

Classes: 50 BEG, 50 JR, 50 SR, 65, 85 JR, 85 SR, 125 A, 125 B, 125 C, 250 A, 250 B, 250 C, +25 and FAST 50’S

Red's starts building the track today. I'll post some photos soon. There will be some track changes from Friday to Saturday to keep it fun.

Peotone is celebrating 150 years at the Country Fest - so it'll be a big one. Complete with a carnival, live music, fireworks on Saturday night, and all that good stuff.

Will County Fairgrounds is located in Peotone, IL, on Peotone-Wilmington Rd. - 1 mile east of I-57 (exit #327) and 0.5 mile west of IL-50 (about 35 miles south of Chicago, and 10 miles west of Indiana).

Here is a link to the 2006 Flyer with more info:

http://home.comcast.net/~nikki_dixon/fairflyer06.doc

-OR-

http://home.comcast.net/~nikki_dixon/fair_flyer_06.JPG

And here is the thread from last year, with a few photos of last year's track. It's a tame track, safety is our #1 goal, mostly tabletops, great for beginners. But we'll have a jump or two and a whoops section where the faster guys can show their speed too. Last year, I think woods guy Bob Brooks even won 250C one night (oversized tank and all), so it's a pretty tame MX track. :cool:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=117323

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I'm gonna go for sure. Red and black CR250, #60, kinda clapped out looking. Stop by and say hello!

It'll be my first race ever, so I'm sure I'll get my head kicked in. Good times. :cool:

Jack

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
jaction125 said:
I'm gonna go for sure. Red and black CR250, #60, kinda clapped out looking. Stop by and say hello!

It'll be my first race ever, so I'm sure I'll get my head kicked in. Good times. :cool:

Jack
Don't sweat it Jack. I will be there racing, my first race in over 10 years and my son's first ever race. You have to start somewhere, jump in and get your feet wet. That's the only way you'll know what you need to work on. Look for number 787 on a RM250 and number 542 on a KX250F. C'mon over and say hi.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
The track is finished - updated photos at http://home.comcast.net/~nikki_dixon/

Everything is tame, safe, wide, and rollable. We get a good mix of riders, from first timers to woods riders to racers who would race every Friday night if they could, so we keep that all in mind.

Myself and Buko138 from DRN will be the girls at sign-up if you guys have any questions. Weather is looking great and it should be a fun weekend! :ride:

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
My only goal is to come home in one piece, anything beyond that is a bonus. I'm wondering what class to enter though, over 25 or 250C? I've been riding a really long time, but I'm in pretty slow shape physically.

I'll probably just decide when I get there, see how I feel.

Are you guys racing both nights K-ron? I'll only be there saturday me thinks.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
jaction125 said:
My only goal is to come home in one piece, anything beyond that is a bonus. I'm wondering what class to enter though, over 25 or 250C? I've been riding a really long time, but I'm in pretty slow shape physically.

I'll probably just decide when I get there, see how I feel.

Are you guys racing both nights K-ron? I'll only be there saturday me thinks.
That's the plan, although I may be wore out after Friday. I haven't raced in 10 years and am not in shape. Going to play it by ear and see how I feel when I get out of bed Saturday morning.

B

biglou

I wanted to make this race, but I'll be driving up next weekend for Red Bud. Then again on July 20th, and I just got back from up there 3-4 weeks ago. That's a lot of petrol!

Jaction-I'd say race "C". The age classes are stacked with fast guys. Nikki can confirm that, I think. I raced Megacross last time up there and I ran 250C rather than 25+ (or 30+, or 35+, or 40+...).

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
In past years, we've had a pretty small +25 turnout, maybe 4-8 riders. They are usually a little faster than 250C and jumping most of the doubles (The doubles are maybe 10-15 feet max, tabletop like landings). 250C is usually a little bigger, like 10-12 riders, but more beginners, woods riders, etc. and a little slower pace.

Also, if you get 5 guys that want a +35 or +40 class at signup, I'm sure we can work something out. You might still run with +25 (if that class is small), but get scored separately.

ryanwinters

Aug 30, 2004
I had a great time Saturday night! This was my first MX race. I raced 125C, on a 125SX #7. karterron, were you in the 125C class on the KX250F? I know I had fun chasing and getting chased for a few laps by a guy on a Kaw in both the heat race and the main.

-Ryan

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I had a great time, thanks for putting this on and glad to finally meet you Nikki. I got killed in the heat race but ended up in second in the main. Great group of people and a great track for us noobs. The weather was great too, I still can't figure out where the mosquitos were that night. :cool:

My only gripe, if I have one at all was the youngins doing holeshots in the pits all night on 50s, but I guess the race never really ends for them. :rotfl:

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
ryanwinters said:
I had a great time Saturday night! This was my first MX race. I raced 125C, on a 125SX #7. karterron, were you in the 125C class on the KX250F? I know I had fun chasing and getting chased for a few laps by a guy on a Kaw in both the heat race and the main.

-Ryan
That would of been my son, Chris. It was his first race also. He had a blast and can't wait to do some more of it. He was disapointed with himself in the main, silly lay over then couldn't get the bike started.

I picked up my new KX450F Saturday afternoon, so only raced on Friday. Took a 2nd in 250C on my RM250 with Nikki hot on my heels the entire race. Did my best blocking moves that race.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Jack and Ron - nice finally meeting you both!!

Jack - I saw that you finished second - awesome job for your first race ever! Did you pick up your trophy, I didn't see your name crossed off the list. I agree on the pit riding, we just didn't have enough people to keep the youngins in line, hoped the parents would help.

Ron and son both rode really well too, Ron and I had a good battle on Friday night in the main, he got me for second place by inches, it was a lot of fun. And his son, Chris, raced his first race on Saturday and finished an impressive second in his heat race, moving him into the 125C main with the fast guys (125C was split into 3 groups on Saturday). Oh yeah, Ron have fun on that new 450!

Ryan - I remember you out there in 125C - lots of 2-strokes in your main, sounded kinda funny out there! Glad everyone had a good time! :cool:

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
nikki said:
Oh yeah, Ron have fun on that new 450!
LOL, it's going to be the end of July before I can even finish breaking it in. Had to call in every sweatheart favor I could think of with my wife to let me buy the bike and go to Red Bud next weekend. Now I'm committed to stuff around the house for the next two weekends after that.

Ah well, need to tear it down and do the new bike prep anyway, to both the 450 and 250F.

We'll definately be back next year. I also spoke with Brian and am going to have him give Chris some lessons later in the month.

B

biglou

FYI-We'll be at MotoLand on Monday July 3rd if anyone wants to ride. We'll also be at Red Bud Sat & Sun. Look for a fat guy with a big camera lens, yellow backpack and desert cammo boonie hat.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Thanks everybody-

I tried to get a trophy, but they were running low by the time I got there and I didn't want any of the kiddies to get shorted so I passed. I think my gf is going to have one made for me, she's such a goof.

Btw, that Ryan guy is an animal, he called me at like noon saturday to say he was leaving buffalo to come to the race, he rode for 3-4 hours in the woods and then came to the race! When we were loading up at like 11pm he could hardly stand. :)

I know I'll be back for sure next year, probably for both nights.

ryanwinters

Aug 30, 2004
jaction125 said:
Btw, that Ryan guy is an animal, he called me at like noon saturday to say he was leaving buffalo to come to the race, he rode for 3-4 hours in the woods and then came to the race! When we were loading up at like 11pm he could hardly stand. :)

I know I'll be back for sure next year, probably for both nights.

:laugh: I'm sick in the head.

-Ryan

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Jack - you got second right? Are you going to Red Bud this weekend? I'll get your trophy to you one way or another, so the GF doesn't have to get one made. We did give out every 1st, but I think I saw a few extra 2nd's.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
That's pretty cool of ya, thanks Nikki.

I'm not going to Red Bud this year though :| I ended up with way to much stuff on my plate this weekend.

I did get 2nd btw. ;)

Second thought-

Do you guys go to Joliet often? I could just pick it up there?

Last edited:

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
I end up at Joliet somewhat frequently, you can have my 2nd place trophy. I'm a little old to let them collect dust anymore. You know your old when you start throwing that stuff away.

Let us know next time you go, if Nikki doesn't go I may be able to.

Top Bottom