Midwesterners - Come Check Out the 3rd Annual Peotone, IL, Fair Race - 6/24 & 6/25!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Come out for the third annual Peotone Country Festival Fair Race at the Will County Fairgrounds (Peotone, IL) on Friday, June 24th, and Saturday, June 25th!!

Gates open at 3:00 pm, practice at 5:00 pm, races to follow. The Subway Coca-Cola MX semi and riders will be there. Plus a bunch of giveaways and prizes, including swag from Answer and Pro-Taper!

Classes: 50 BEG, 50 JR, 50 SR, 65, 85 JR, 85 SR, 125 A, 125 B, 125 C, 250 A, 250 B, 250 C, +25 and FAST 50’S

I'll post some track photos once it's finished. :cool:

Will County Fairgrounds located in Peotone, IL, on Peotone-Wilmington Rd. - 1 mile east of I-57 (exit #327) and 0.5 mile west of IL-50 (about 30 minutes south of Chicago, and 10 miles west of Indiana).

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Yep - it's a small stadium style track in the fairgrounds. Red's the cheif track builder - I'll post some photos next week as we build the track. Attached is a Predcasso of the 2004 track layout (turn left outta the start). This year it'll be different, start coming from the other side of the track, and the long grandstand section will go diagonally away from the grandstands. Plus we change up the track a little from Friday to Saturday.

If you're bringing out the wife, there is also the Peotone Country Festival going on in the fairgrounds with a carnival, food vendors, crafts, flea market, tractor parades, games, beer tent, music, etc. There are also fireworks on Saturday night.

Here are some photos from the 2004 event (a few MX photos too): http://www.peotonechamber.com/pix/2...untry_fest.html

Attachments

• 04track.jpg
    04track.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 190

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Ahh they were small jumps - I think there was a kid on a 50 who did every double ;)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
nikki said:
Ahh they were small jumps - I think there was a kid on a 50 who did every double ;)

LOL- yeah, that will be the same kid riding past me and laughing. :)

i may well make it out for this one.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Track is 90% done - here are a few photos from yesterday. It'll look a lot better once the bales and banners are up! :cool:

Everything is real safe and rollable, mostly tabletops. Should be a lot of fun!

Attachments

• 100_2246d.JPG
    100_2246d.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_2251d.JPG
    100_2251d.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 205

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
And the whoop section:

Attachments

• 100_2242d.JPG
    100_2242d.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 191

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hi Bob!

The fees are: $20 per race class, $10 pit pass/gate fee (good for pits & grandstands), $7 for grandstands only (7 and under = free). There is also free camping in the pits.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Hi Nikki…thanks for the info. I hope you and Red are doing well.

I haven’t done a motocross race in many years, but your fair deal is tempting because it’s close to home for me and the layout looks quite tame. I’ll see what my schedule is like this weekend and try to make it if I can. What kind of turnout did you get last year?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Turnout last year was about 70-80 bikes per night. It's been promoted a little more this year, so I'm thinking maybe 90-120 bikes per night.

Yeah, the track is pretty tame - everything is safe and rollable as we get a lot of first time racers each year. Hopefully we'll see you one night! :cool:

S

sysc

Is there a phone number to find out more info on the track? Check on rainouts etc, I plan on heading up saturday

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
No phone number, but we won't rain out - we'll run no matter what. The track has drainage and we have the equipment that the track will be in good shape if we did get rain, but only 20% chance of rain tomorrow anyways. Plus due to the heat, we've been watering the track every two hours to keep the dirt in the best shape as possible, so a little rain would be nice. Sign-up is from 3:00-5:00, riders meeting at 5:15 and practice and races to follow. Plus fireworks tomorrow night :cool:

R

Riotgurl90

hey does anyone know if a Josh Cernic was racing o nthe 25? and there was a guy I think the number on his bike was 327, does anyone know him?

R

Riotgurl90

oh yeah and does anyone know of any local events that are happening August fifth? is so what time do they start?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
The races went great both nights!! Thanks to all the DRN'ers who came out. Bob Brooks finished an impressive 2nd in the main on Saturday night - not bad for a woods rider ;) And bclapham is the holeshot master, I think he got 3 of 4 holeshots! :ride:

Josh Czernik is #363 and yes, he was there racing both nights. Local race schedules for AMA races are here:

District 17 (North-Central IL): http://www.amadistrict17.com/services/2005schedule.html

District 15 (IN): http://www.amadistrict15.org/motocross.html

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Thanks Nikki...we had a good time, it was fun. I didn't get a chance to talk to you Saturday night, but Anne said she chatted with you and Stacy for a while and we did talk to Stacy more after the races. It was a fun little track and I enjoyed it. I'll come back next year if you do it again and come out of the woods.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
LOL- i cant believe how bad i rode, i feel like a fish out of water. I didnt know Bob was out there, it would have been nice to say Hi.

B

born2ride58

does anyone know rider # 187? i know he raced the 2nd night but i dont know about the 1st night. i think so though

Top Bottom