KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Does anybody know if Mike Brown is planning on moving up to the 250s next year? I like watching him ride and I'd like to see him compete with the rest of the top 250 guys.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Because it sounds so much more hilarious coming from him. But....oh nevermind. No I haven't heard anything.

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
I've heard the "career 125 rider" comment flying around here but I don't really know what that means. Did he race nothing but 125s overseas? I don't know what his history is and I pay no attention to the MX anywhere else in the world.

The first time I ever heard of the guy was when I went to the Indy Supercross race (this year) and he was in the lead for a few laps and my son and I said "wow who is this guy?". He's ahead of (veteran 250 rider) Larry Ward in the points I'm sure he would competitive in the 250 class.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Brownie has been around a long time and has avoided the 250 ranks. I would like to see him up there, but I haven't heard anything either way.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Good link, Super Rat,
The brief discussion about the MXcN was interesting - I wonder if all the Brown haters will root against him if he is representing the USA in Belgium.

BTW, at Washougal the only 250 riders lapping faster than Brown were the top 3, Windham, RC and Ferry. All the other factory riders would have been eating Brown's 125cc dust.

There are very few good rides available in the 250's. Kind of hard to blame an 'old' guy for staying in the 125's where he can make more money for his family.

I don't remember anyone complaining about Dowd in the 125's not long ago, or Ward this year. It's not like Brown is cherry picking - the 125 class is tough!

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by dirt bike dave

I don't remember anyone complaining about Dowd in the 125's not long ago, or Ward this year. It's not like Brown is cherry picking - the 125 class is tough!

Tallon Voland

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I don't have a problem with Mike Brown running 125's. I hope he gets the championship. He's a profesional trying to maximize his returns. Its a business. These guys can have career ending injuries at any time. I can't blame any one of them for going where they can do best. Its a tough business.

Plus I like to see those Kawasaki's whooping on the choosen bikes of the marketing media. That Kawasaki chassis has been around for a long time. Still a good race chassis after all these years. I hope James Stewart continues the tradition. So far this year..250 supercross Championship, 250 Nationals maybe?, 125 nationals maybe? A clean sweep against the tide possible? That would be awesome and hopefully eye opening.

:p

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
On the downside of his great career, Barnett returned to the 125 class to race a factory Kawasaki. I think he was in his late 20's at the time, but his results were not good.

Ward was around 23 when he won his 125 champsionship and I don't think he ever returned to the class.

Johnny O' also won his 125 champsionships when he was pretty young and then moved up to the 250's.

Top Bottom