Mikuni experts please help!

Lateral G

Jul 11, 2008
I'm working on an '81 YZ60 and am having major flooding problems.

I have replaced the needle/seat assembly with no luck. The floats do float in a water test.

The bike will run, but will leak out the overflow tube, it STOPS overflowing when the choke is on or even half on.

What can I check next??

Thanks
Dean

digifox

May 25, 2006
Adjust the float level!
Most likely its to high

Or your idle mixture is to rich...How far out is the mixture screw?

Lateral G

Jul 11, 2008
Is there a way to adjust the float level because it dosen't look like it?

I'll check the mixture screw, thanks

It just baffles me that it stops when the choke is on?

flying flea

Mar 18, 2008
Check your pilot and main jets. Make sure you can see daylight through them and there isn't anything blocking their holes.

Dylan19302

Jun 27, 2008
make sure you carb is cleaned perfect. Also when you put the float back on are you sure its not on up side down.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Dylan19302 said:
make sure you carb is cleaned perfect. Also when you put the float back on are you sure its not on up side down.
Make sure the float is under the plate,tabs to shut off the fuel. Check the float height, all the passages and jets are blown out and put something through them also. You can spray it, blow in it, and see it, but if you poke something through it, its clear. And do not scratch the passages or jets! Is the gas cap breathing? Take the gas cap off and see if it stops?

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
It just baffles me that it stops when the choke is on?[/QUOTE]

With the choke on the engine is receiving more fuel and there is no excess to run out the overflow.
As others have said float level not set correct.

Lateral G

Jul 11, 2008
Thanks everyone, I have cleaned the carb twice now. So now I'm going to check if the floats are upside down and or bend them a bit to make sure it is closing the needle all the way.

Lateral G

Jul 11, 2008
Well after playing with the float level with no change, I noticed a crack in the brass overflow tube that sticks up inside the bowl.

Can I patch this with something that is gas resisitant, JB weld or...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…