HillTopper

Aug 22, 2001
I know theres a thread for the quicksilver carb for the XR400 already, but I'm more interested to know a couple basic questions about people with the MIKUNI pumper from xrs only for the XR400:

1. How much more power is noticed over stock setup? Where(low, mid, top)?
2. Easy to install?
3. How much better can the throttle response be?
4. Is it really worth $400?

My bike:
98 XR400
engine 100% stock
snorkel removed
160/60, needle in stock position
3 small holes drilled in spark arrestor

This would be probably the last major mod I would add to the bike. I'm gonna keep the stock pipe since noise is an issue where I ride. Thanks.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I just bought the Mikuni pumper from XR's only and took it out for my first ride yesterday. The biggest difference I see is down low. The throttle response is very good, and it seemed to add a descent amount of power down low as well. As for top end, I really don't rev the bike that high under power, so I couldn't tell you, but I didn't notice any more power up top. Installation was very simple. Just have to remove the old carb and throttle cables, and install the new carb and cables. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Handl-it

Jun 1, 2000
Carb

My 98 worked better with the Mikuni every where! At high altittudes it ran much better, I never had to mess with jetting. The bike revs faster and with some exhaust mods makes much more power on top end. The 98 has a cap with 3 legs on the end of the spark arrestor, I cut the legs at where they joined the second cap which has the screen, this way you can weld them back on if you dont like it. This made a 2db louder exhaust and way more power for the stock system which I thought was a good trade. Simple power gain for free and you can change it back.

Top Bottom