yater

Nov 7, 2003
I've had several scares in the past when I've been caught on a loop with low fuel. (This was on a 125)-- I'm assuming the nature of the kdx will help conserve fuel but curious as to what my range should be. Has anyone switched to a bigger tank? What is the increase in range?--This is a '97 kdx 200

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
FWIW, I went about 65 miles before hitting reserve. This was on an '02 KDX 220. The ride was a family enduro (slow, but inefficient speed).

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
When searching, you must specify Canadian Dave's just kdx in the "forum" field. Otherwise you're likely to end up with nothing. I just searched for "tank mileage" and got a slew of hits. Good luck. Jay

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yep...been around this horn before.

As said..it depends. I've gotten less than 20mpt (miles-per-tank). I've gotten more than 80mpt.

Yes, there is a larger tank available (IMS). What?? The kdx isn't heavy enough for you already? ;)

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
My 02 KDX 200 with a stock tank gets +/- 80 miles per tank in tight "on and off the gas" hilly terrain. It will get 140 miles per tank in relatively open "dual sport" riding and yes I have about 6 witnesses who made the rides with me and saw me fill up during gas stops.

This milage was consistent from central Mississippi to SE Kentucky, and NW Arkansas (Ozarks). In the Ozark 200 Dual Sport, our first gas stop was at 49 miles. I used 1.3 gallons (2.9 gallon tank) and a guy from Iowa on a KDX 220 used 1.5 gallons. There was a lot of mountain climbing in that first 49 miles. Not bad, especially considering my CR250 (I sold to get my KDX) got a whopping 22 miles per tank.

The key is proper jetting and gearing. KDX's are terribly weak and rich from the factory.

JCW

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
Originally posted by Smit-Dog

I think you meant "65 to 75 miles PER TANK"... No?

Sorry, my bad.

Your factors of milage are elevation, jetting, terrian, age and size of the bike/engine, wheel slipage, and tire size. We all may get different mpt and these factors are why. If you know all the info, it is possible to callculate your milage.

drisheavy

Nov 24, 2002
i have a 01 200 stock reeds stock pipe 90 miles to the tank if im not full throttle, i have actually gone 105 putting around trails in 2nd or 3rd gear, remember stock reeds and stock jets

Top Bottom