JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I cant seem to find time to make it out riding on the weekends. I found out Milestone MX is only 10 miles from my work. So my thought is to take the bike to work and head over after.

Anyone familiar with the track? Is it good for a track newbie? If so can you recommend a day that would not be overly crowded after 5pm

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
JWW said:
Anyone familiar with the track? Is it good for a track newbie?

Jeff.

I haven't ridden there myself but I have talked to many riders that have. They all say it is a great facility. They have a very good vet track. Not sure about the hours.

Ask holeshot. He has been there.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Yeah... the daughter and I have been there several times (it's real close).

The vet track is very tame so we spend most of our time there. The quad track is mellow as well, so we go there when the vet track is being watered (and for a change of pace).

The main track isn't too bad (for difficulty), but there are too many fast guys doing bigger jumps. I don't want to get run over.

The main pain is the 25$ per year membership fee and the 25$ entrance fee.

We haven't been there in while, but in the past, the schedule was bikes only on the quad track on Sundays, so it was a good day to go. I believe it was quads only on the quad track on Saturday. The schedule may have changed, so you need to check it out or phone. Link below -

http://www.milestonemx.com/

If you plan on going at night (it's getting hot), you might want to check which tracks are lit. The vet track was not lit in the past - I'm not sure about the quad track.

Last edited:

rydekx125

Aug 9, 2009
most of the tracks are fairly hard but i think the quad track and the vet track are the easiest ones to ride. The main track is very tricky to ride

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Just for everyone's information - the back ad section of most TWMX magazines have a discount coupon for when you first join or renew or renew your membership - the first ride is free, you only pay the $35 membership fee.

This coupon is worth 25 bucks, so it takes the sting out of that first day of riding.

I rode the intermediate track a couple of weeks ago - nearly every jump was very easy/forgiving, with only a two slightly hard doubles (slightly hard for a +50 novice) and one longish table jump. Way fun for the inept motocrosser who wants to feel like they can actually ride.... :nod:

The vet track was more difficult than the intermediate IMO ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom