Offspring_36

Aug 14, 2006
Hello there, I'm Having trouble with my cr125 as it keeps getting milky oil. i presume this is because of water leaking into the gearbox somehow, but how? And what do i need to check? Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have changed the oil several times in hope that it was just a temporary problem, but its not! :bang: Any help much appreciated! Thanks

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Offspring_36 said:
Hello there, I'm Having trouble with my cr125 as it keeps getting milky oil. i presume this is because of water leaking into the gearbox somehow, but how? And what do i need to check?

Replace your water pump seals. Inner seal is most likely leaking.

Offspring_36

Aug 14, 2006
do i just take the pump and gearbox cover off for that? i mean there's the pump cover and the gearbox cover then the peice which is behind that which is one whole peice which covers the gearbox and the pump, do i take that off? sorry i can't think of the correct terms so it sounds confusing, Cheers

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Offspring_36 said:
do i just take the pump and gearbox cover off for that? i mean there's the pump cover and the gearbox cover then the peice which is behind that which is one whole peice which covers the gearbox and the pump, do i take that off? sorry i can't think of the correct terms so it sounds confusing, Cheers

The first thing you should do is invest in a service manual for your bike. It will save you alot of headaches and possibly money in the long run.

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Hi,
yes, ol '89 is spot on, will be water pump seal that's u/s and yes you are correct..... you need to remove both 'cover's if I understand you right, easy to do, parts will be cheap, carefull fitting the new seal, grease the outside of the seal when fitting the new seal and lightly oil the lip so the pump shaft won't catch the delicate inner seal.

cheers

Top Bottom