jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
I've came across this before in a few other posts. I had a blast today riding but the dust killed me, I swallowed a good pound of it lol. The parts of my face not covered by goggles or helmet were a nasty combination of two-stroke smoke and dust lol, you gotta love it. Anyway I better clean the filter after that and put the stock one bike in in the mean time. Usually I used gasoline put I don't have much (other than the premium for my bike lol) but I do have mineral spirits and from what I've heard, it does the job. I'll probably get to it tomorrow so I'd appreciate a reply. Thanks again.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Mineral spirits works fine to break down the oil, it's what I use. Then just wash it in soapy water to get the dirt out.

Don't use gasoline to clean the filter. It deteriorates the foam.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
"Soak" with the solvent, then WASH. No need for further soaking.
If you really did a good search you wouldn't ask this.

YZ326

Mar 5, 2001
I would not use anything but a kerosene based solvent. Gas and mineral spirits will eat the glue and break down the seams. You will get longer life out of the filter if you use a kerosene based solvent.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
LOL, sorry. I figured mineral spirits couldn't be much more harsh than kerosene, and up til now I was using gas, as a lot of people do.

Top Bottom