Minnesota: Golden Eagles Trailride 5/18 & 5/19

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Anyone riding the Golden Eagles trail ride in Minnesota this weekend?

FYI...it's located near Thielman, MN (southeastern MN) and involves about 20 miles of trails, including 15 miles of woods and 5 miles of sand (from what I understand.)

Requirements:

AMA card
MN DNR sticker (or out of state permit)
D23 trail ride or competition card
$20 per day or $30 for both days
Maximum 95dbl exhause noise level
Notarized D23 release forms for minors not accompanied by adults

For more info, see the following link:

www.goldeneaglesmc.org

I'll be there.

(I also know JEB will be there as I believe he organizes the event.)

Last edited:

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I ride this event every year. It is one of the best trail rides around.

I think the milage they are posting is a little short. Its more like 35+ miles of total trail. While the trails on the bluffs are sand based there certainly isn't 5 miles of sand whoops if thats what you are thinking. More like 1 mile of whoops scattered though out the whole trail system.

The trails are a good combination of single track, river bottoms, a few hills, and some two track. The neat thing about it is you can ride the loops as many times as you want. There is also riding for all skill levels.

Also out of state riders don't really need any sticker because the club has a special exemption for them.

I might sound like a member of the club but I'm not. I just think it is a great ride.

Last edited:

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Layton...maybe I'll run into you on Sunday then. I'll be on a 98 KX 250, # 765 (black w/ white numbers). This will be my first time riding this trail ride, so I'm really stoked. I've heard it's awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom