MotoX10

Jun 28, 2001
Has anyone gone trail riding this year? If so, how are the trails? I'm assuming they're fairly wet.

Also, if you do ride in Minnesota, where do you ride? I'm just curious to see where everyone goes.

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
I think most if not all of the riding areas are still closed. may 15th is when Paul Bunyan state forest opens up. It's about 20 miles northwest of walker and about 30 miles south of Bemiji. Great place. We've spent days there at a time and it just never gets old. It has a good variety of terain. If you go to the Minnesota state DNR website they have a list of all the trail systems for motorized vehicles. I can't remember the web site. Just do a search. You'll find it. Stay away from Snake Creek after it's been raining. It's all clay soil and it gets pretty greasy when wet.

kaw Bill

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Also visit www.armca.org for AMA District 23 sanctioned events including trailrides. Our club ( www.goldeneaglesmc.org ) has a trailride south of the cities near Millville on 5/18-19. We have about 50 miles of great trails that range from single track to fun two track to beginner.

The DNR closed most of the trails north of the cities for two weeks about a week ago because of the rain and snow and the frost coming out of the ground. Most public areas don't open in MN until 5/1 or 5/15. Very short season up here. I have been riding but only on private land.

MotoX10

Jun 28, 2001
Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, that's what I heard about the trails being closed (for the ones that would be open)-- too wet. Oh, and you are very right about the greasy trails at Snake Creek lol. I've experienced them up close and personal ;) .

Top Bottom