83XR500R

Mar 16, 2007
It was chain locked from front fork to structural post. Apparently they removed the front wheel and put everything in a truck! Chain and lock are still there! It was parked under a covered space in apt complex next to a YZF600R and a Ducati! Very strange! Probably kids that wanted a dirtbike. Interestingly 4 days before I was at a park and a BADA$$ band called "Red" was playing there. Turns out they're a Christian band and it's weird but they changed the way I would normally look at the situation. I hope the kid(s) don't kill themselves (2 weeks ago I put a Trek speedo on it and got 79mph) and if they get hurt or caught (A police report was made) they will change their ways and not steal someone else's bike in the future. Still miss that bike though!

chiro972

Dec 12, 2002
So sorry to hear that. I hope your bike is recovered. At least it was a 4 stroke. I have heard many stories of two strokes getting stolen and found with a totally seized engine because the morons put plain gas in the tank.

Hopefully yours will be recovered intact.

May 10, 2007
hey good luck getting it back.

my friend had his bike stolen about a year back. looked on that auction site and it was there. the morons even put the serial number on that auction site. LOL he got it right back.

PS red is an awesome band.

Top Bottom