JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I truly miss this places. I met a lot of great people and went on quite a few excellent rides. I keep lying to myself and swear I'll get another bike but the slow kids are keeping me on a quad for now.

Hope something comes together at some point and we can do a reunion ride in the mountains.

JWW

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Yeah... I visit every day and miss some of the good discussions. Not the flame wars. Unfortunately, people mistake activity of flame wars as popularity and thus allow too much of that on other sites.

Ivan

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm still here daily. Mostly in lurker mode. I started the bike for the first time this year last week.

3 slow kick and one real kick and if fired right up. :D Now all I need to do is find time (and a place) to ride.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey buddy, you still out in the IE? Give me a call sometime to catch up, I'm still in the OC.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I still lurk. Try to set up rides but often get sidetracked by Soccer Games... I love watching the kids play Soccer but I just miss riding.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i check in a couple times a week to see if anything's happening. i haven't ridden my dirtbike since february, 2012.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Still not back on two wheels but saw the link in my favorites. I got my daughter on 2 wheels. Hopefully Im next.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm toying with the idea of riding a trials bike series again this coming Spring.
Mostly I live vicariously through my nephew and his son as they ride around New England.
What I should do is hunt up Wolf and head out to Connecticut to watch(maybe even participate) is a harescramble or two.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Rode at RRMT (Muenster TX) yesterday, only put in 36 miles on the 530, had a blast, still ride almost monthly, helps to be retired :cool: .

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I haven't been hear much at all but have been riding a lot. This is a few weeks ago. 22 switchbacks, 8 miles and 3,800 foot climb

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nQQC6B37jAQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Damn, Tony...I was about to give you a hard time about riding your wife's bike with the magic button but then after hearing you wheeze, whine, moan, and make Kalifornia-butt-puncher-mating-sounds I was kinda glad you had the button.

Was there a reason you kept tossing the bike into the bushes?

What was that white stuff on the trail? Should I alert Occifer Punch-a-fellow?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Thanks for the video. Since there is snow on the ground where I live and it’s too cold for me to be outside, much less ride. The trail look fun but the drop offs on the side looked a bit scary. Are they as steep as the look?

I was actually more interested in what the sticker on your visor said. I felt like a little kid on Christmas, more interested in the boxes and wrapping paper than the presents :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Cant tell you guys how good it is to see the names in this thread :)

Life goes on and life goes by, but man there have been some GREAT memories created here. Maybe I lead a boring life but those were some of the best.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I still check almost everyday. You never know when Kali might come back. :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I've met some of the best riding friends on DRN and have memories (and scars) that I will have forever. If it wasn't for this place I'd never know that it's important to poke someone with a stick after a hard crash...just in case or how would I ever have known that certain CHP officers supplement their income by mowing lawns and walking dogs just so he can pick up their poop. I still check in everyday at least once.

It's a shame that my body hasn't held up so well over the years but I'd do it all over again. I've always said that I'll keep riding until I can't throw my leg over the bike but on some days I have already passed that threshold. And I'll keep in touch with DRN until I can't figure out how to turn on my computer. It's still a great ride and will continue to be so as far as I can see.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Got lucky here tonight! Nice to see stuff here.

I've checked in a time or two, but been kind of busy...

Youngest daughter graduated from her KX100 to my '03 YZ125 this summer, & bought a WR250X. Working on getting healthy for 2014.

Lots of great discussions & learning done here, a few years back. I still come & search once in a while. :cool:

How are your folks, Okie?

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
The CZs, Bultaco and CT70s were put away after the last DirtWeek and have not been looked at since. I'm thinking of making one of the CZs into a street tracker. The Maico got sold (busted transmission and all) to a kid from Hazard Kentucky. WR, sold to preacher from Los Alamos. CRF, sold to a Little League Dad during a rookies game.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
VintageDirt said:
WR, sold to preacher from Los Alamos.

I like knowing it's still out there grinding out the miles. :cool:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Chili said:
I still check in, haven't owned an MX bike in 2 years now, do all my riding on the street.

I ride street and flat track now. I did get on a buddies RMZ450 a month or so ago and take a lap on my families MX track. I quickly remembered why I stopped riding MX. Not my thing at all.

I love riding my flat tracker though. For those of you not on Facebook, I've traded my CRF450 for a 70's Champion framed MX360.

It's a sweet bike.. very fast. Right now it's powered by a 81 or 82 YZ465, but that's coming out. The original 360 is going back in in the next week or so.

Attachments

• 2013-10-27 16.15.05 (Mobile).jpg
    2013-10-27 16.15.05 (Mobile).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 166

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
SpDyKen said:
Got lucky here tonight! Nice to see stuff here.

I've checked in a time or two, but been kind of busy...

Youngest daughter graduated from her KX100 to my '03 YZ125 this summer, & bought a WR250X. Working on getting healthy for 2014.

Lots of great discussions & learning done here, a few years back. I still come & search once in a while. :cool:

How are your folks, Okie?

Good to hear from you bro....

Pokie is doing well, became a professor at the local universities for his retirement. He still earns the rep of the energizer bunny.

Unfortunately "shiftless" went on to be with her maker and is sorely missed. God speed mom. She was the rock of this family, yet somehow we get by.

I hope this finds everyone well that sees it (this thread) and those that don't , all the best to you and yours this holiday season :cool: From our family to yours, have a great 2014 !

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
This place helped me through a very rough time in my life and I got to navigate the tragedy of 9/11/01 with you all. The friends I have met on this site are friends to this day.

To this day, the best vacation I ever had was Dirtweek. All of them were awesome and no one stands out above the rest. Just a bunch of people that ride dirt bikes, from all different parts of the US and all different social and economic groups, getting together and for that week, we were all one. Everyone laughing and having fun, helping one another, sharing food... I don't recall a single fight breaking out which is pretty amazing all things considered.

The best part of DRN is I got to meet one of my best friends (and his family) and now I get to work with him everyday. Unfortunately not moto related work but, had it not been for this place, I'd not have met him.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Still lurking about although the Michigan page has gotten pretty boring since the days of Woodsy and Young Ted........great memories and I still miss riding with Mark W. even to this day. I still ride in the woods with my kids every chance I get although now we can go have a beer together afterwards, LOL! I discovered street bikes as well and hang with a bunch of crusty old guys at the coffee shop on Sunday mornings. Oh, and mountain bikes.....there sure is a bunch of nice single track set aside for mountain bikers. And skiing........and fishing....... :nod:

Top Bottom