Randy288

Dec 1, 2003
If anyonelive in Missouri give me a shout Im looking for new people to ride with. I ride a grindstone and st. joe also these summer going to kingville.

Thanks
Randy

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I live in the St. Louis area and am always looking for new folks to ride with. I actually haven't ridden much locally as of late but St. Joe is my 'no better place to ride spot'. Gnarlykaw, H20, Colemanapp and a few others are local also. I haven't yet had the pleasure of riding with colemanapp but plan to do so as soon as I'm not on the road and it's above freezing. Gnarly and H20 go to St. Joe fairly often and are great riding buds. There are also a couple others (non DRN members I believe that usually hook up with down there.)

Every once in awhile a few DRN'rs from parts such as Iowa, KC, Kentucky etc. get to drop by for a ride.

Drop me a line sometime and we'll try to meet.

By the way - where is Grindstone? trails or track?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Randy - keep in touch, we will no doubt be getting together for another ride at St. Joe st. Park this spring. I am also working on having a group ride at Bluff Creek OHV Park near Oskaloosa, IA.

Eddie - Grindstone is north of KC about an hour.

http://beta.communities.jp.msn.com/GrindstoneMXpark

mxjosh

Jul 16, 2003
Hey Randy,

I live just South of Libety at 291 and Kentucky, just East of the Twin Drive in.

My friend that helps me with racing lives North of Liberty between Kearney and Smithville.

We ride at the places you have mentioned, and also have a couple of private tracks that let us ride for $5.00 a practice.

My friend's website is called The Good Guys at www.kcrider.com and we have listed the places we go riding. Give the owner of The Good Guys a holler and he will hook up with ya.

mxjosh

Jul 16, 2003
Grindstone is 12 miles East of Cameron and located just 6 miles NW of Hamilton. Its a great track with 100 acres of wooded trail riding.

The owner used to race in the outdoor nationals.

Grindstone's new website is: http://groups.msn.com/GrindstoneMxpark

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Hey guys, I'm a Liberty resident myself, I'm located south of 152 just off of Church road. Catch me on email at halfdigitshort@yahoo.com
I'm a woods rider that ventures onto motox tracks from time to time.
Josh, I think I know your friend up near Kearney, must be talking about that outlaw Rick???

mxjosh

Jul 16, 2003
Blue Thunder,

Yeap, your correct. Rick speaks highly of you and your riding skills.
You met my cousin Zac that rides a '00 KTM125sx up at Grindstone one day. His bike blew its crankseals on that day and he couldn't ride.

I had to sell my RM125 to help get my car fixed, but looking for a bike this Spring to get back into racing.

mxjosh

Jul 16, 2003
Blue Thunder,

I never thought of Rick as an outlaw. I know him more as a roost avoider and boy does he get mad if you do roost him.

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
I live in Lee's Summit, MO. I'm about 10 minutes from independence and about 30 minutes from KC.

The closest track to me is Midwest Extreme in Merwin/Drexel. It's 45 miles south. That's where my brother & I ride usually. Other than that it's finger lakes 150 miles east on I-70. We went to St. Joe state park 3 weeks ago and had the most fun ever. We bought paddle tires just for it. First time for us on sand. It was awesome.

We're looking forward to riding at Dragoon mx park, grain valley, kingsville, and grindstone

wgwgoldwing

Dec 12, 2003
Rairden - I live in Lee's Summit too. Have you ever been to Deepwater? It's just south of Clinton. Takes me about 1 hour and 10 minutes to get there from my house. No MX track, but some ok jumps and woods. Sometimes we go to Lake Perry's ORV area. It's ok, but Deepwater is much better.

WGW

mxjosh

Jul 16, 2003
Hey wgwgoldwing,

If you like both Deepwater and Perry Lake, you would love Milford Lake in Junction City, KS. Milford has the best of Deepwater and Perry Lake combined in one huge riding area. Milford is about another hour West of Perry Lake.

If you need directions, check out my friends website at www.kcrider.com

mxjosh

Jul 16, 2003
Also Grindstone has a very good wooded trails if you don't like to do mx.

wgwgoldwing, rairden and Randy, you are more than welcome to join us anytime or let us know when you go riding and we will join up with ya.

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
goldwing, my brother & I used to go to deepwater all the time. That's the only place we went to. It's just boring now. We like mx tracks. One time I went to deepwater by myself and it only took me 45 minutes to get there (90mph the whole way!). I live in Raintree. I'm sure you've heard of that. How bout you?

What kind of bikes do yall ride? I'm 19 yrs. old and ride a '01 YZ250 and my brother rides a '01 YZ426F.

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
Oh, and mxjosh...you still don't have a bike? What are you planning on getting next. Drop me a message at macrocosm1 on AOL instant messenger. I'd like to meet up w/ ya and ride on those private tracks. That'd be great!

wgwgoldwing

Dec 12, 2003
I'm out by Lake Jacomo. I'm 36 and just started riding earlier this year. My 18, 16, and 14 year old sons ride with me. We've got an 87 DR200, an 86 RM250, and I just bought an 04 RM250 last weekend. I'd love to try a MX track sometime. I'm fairly new at it though. There's some video on my homepage, some small jumps, wheelies, and me crashing after a jump. No video on the 04 yet, got to ride it once, then the snow and cold hit.

WGW

ScottZX7RR

Sep 11, 1999
Hey Guys, I also have a yahoo group for the riders in KC. If you are interested in joining just apply.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/KCRiders/

Top Bottom