mountainrider

Dec 11, 2000
I've got a set of .42 fork springs and my ktm 200 has .38's in it now. I would like to try .40's. Does using different rate springs in each leg (.38/.42) cause any problems?

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
I dont think it will hurt anything at all and I read a mag. where they did this for the KTM. When you turn each slider moves the SAME amount as the other slider because your fork tubes are connected together by the triple clamps and can only go up and down, one side doesnt go down farther than the other. So you shouldn't notice a difference when turning either direction.

Last edited:

Marklx

May 24, 2001
I've been told both by suspension experts and local shops with experience that mixing springs is no biggy. Also recommended that the stiffer spring go on the brake side, as it sees more stress, or something to that nature.

Mark

mountainrider

Dec 11, 2000
I liked fmx novice's answer.:silly: That's why I've been hitting all those trees on the left side or was that the right side.:eek: ------- That one .42 spring helped my ktm 200 so much I've just got to try two. I know that is way heavier than what is reccomended for 145# skinny old men . I'll give a report after a couple of test rides on the little chopper.

Top Bottom