MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
You guys need to come watch me suck it up worse than usual. I'll be on a borrowed 250F and not exactly looking forward to it! I have only ridden it one other time and I wasn't exactly comfortable...

My bike is down and out right now...not sure what is wrong with it right now. I hope to find out in the next couple of days. It's actually at the shop :whoa: getting the cases split and having exploratory surgery being done.

Phil will be there both days tearing it up. :cool:

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
What time are the races ? I have'nt been there in a couple of years. I have'nt had much of a chance to ride this year and could use a little fix even if its just to watch.My two riding buds have been hurt there and don't care to go back.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
Sadly, I will not make it. I really wanted to race that race this year, but I have other obligations. Do you guys race at baja often? If you ever notice a slow B rider on a cr 250 with the #203 at baja it is probably me. I try to go there once a month. I love practice there because it gets so rough!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
MXGirl what exactly did your bike due to end up under anastisha ??
Also,, whats all this yap about Baja?? YOu all couldnt possibly be referring to the REAL Baja are you??

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
woodsy said:
MXGirl what exactly did your bike due to end up under anastisha ??

Not real sure...it started acting up at Thunderbird toward the end of May. It didn't want to shift and when it did it was REALLY hard to get it to shift into 2nd and especially 3rd. So took it apart and the shift fork was messed up and another piece connected to that. Fixed that stuff...Phil rode it around the yard, seemed fine. I rode it a few weeks later at Big Air and it was fine until it got warmed up and back to the not wanting to shift. We drained the tranny fluid again and lots of metal in it. Hmm..so changed it rode again same thing. This time it would only shift is the throttle was basically wide open. I couldn't downshift before a turn or in the air. UGH! We both work a lot of hours and haven't had time to mess with it. Well I have this Sunday off and want to race.

Phil drained the tranny fluid again and still lots of metal flakes. Checked the clutch plates they all seemed fine and so did the parts that were replaced before. Then he noticed a lot of metal shavings piled up somewhere above the clutch plates...not sure what that area is or is called. So he's like umm...it's inside and I am not splitting the cases...so off to Quality Service Plus for Doug Grotler to fix it for me. So as of right now we have no idea what is wrong... :(

So I'm on my brother in laws '05 YZ250F this weekend...I can't start it! I want my 2 stroke!!!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
SNDMN2 said:
What time are the races ?

Morning Races start at about 10am and afternoon around 2ish

If you go we'll have a white Explorer with a silver enclosed trailer. Possibly a blue Dodge Dakota will be there also. We'll have Phil's #130 YZ250 and my borrowed #968 YZ250F

I race in the morning in women Sr and Phil will be in 250C

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Tracie,
I Was Hoping We Would See You And Phil At Jackpine This Week-end. The Trees Are Calling You Two Again, C'mon And Ride With Us You'll Have More Fun With Us!!!!

Dave Leathers.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
D.LEATHERS said:
Tracie,
I Was Hoping We Would See You And Phil At Jackpine This Week-end. The Trees Are Calling You Two Again, C'mon And Ride With Us You'll Have More Fun With Us!!!!

Dave Leathers.
True story!

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
D.LEATHERS said:
Tracie,

Dave Leathers.

I'd even share yor pain, I'm riding a borrowed Husky 450 at Jack Pine

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I would like to...but this is the last year our bikes are eligible for Yamaha contingency...he did VERY well last weekend...Yamaha bucks are calling his name!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Update on my bike problems

I stopped by the shop today...

So far the main bearing is gone, a few of the gears are ground down on the corners and another one isn't moving like it should. Not sure what caused the problem yet, he hasn't got that far...I hope I explained that right. I only had a few minutes...Phil will get the full detail tomorrow when he stops in.

So I'll be going four stroke this weekend...I never thought this day would come so soon! :bang:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
MXGirl230 said:
I stopped by the shop today...

So far the main bearing is gone, a few of the gears are ground down on the corners and another one isn't moving like it should. Not sure what caused the problem yet, he hasn't got that far...I hope I explained that right. I only had a few minutes...Phil will get the full detail tomorrow when he stops in.

So I'll be going four stroke this weekend...I never thought this day would come so soon! :bang:

In otherwords its F.U.B.A.R. :yikes:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
In otherwords its F.U.B.A.R. :yikes:

Basically :bang:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Replacement parts on my YZ

Bearing (main, I think)

Main axle

gear, 6th pinion

circlip

Gear, 3rd pinion

Gear, 2nd pinion

Bearing,

bearing

Gear, 1st wheel

circlip

gear, 4th wheel

gear, 5th wheel

circlip

bearing

drum

drum bearings

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
They should listen to me when I say the bike isn't working right...

Last edited:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
So I rode my brother in laws '05 YZ250F. That was my first time riding a 4 stroke for more than a lap or two. I actually rode it better than I thought I would. The only thing that was against me was that the top 8 girls in the state were there...So yeah myself and 2 other girls we brought up the rear.

Andy's bike has some issues...for one the lack of maintenance. The clutch drags really bad and the forks leak. I managed to bottom the forks on a very small tabletop. I can't even bottom the forks on my 125 and I have softer springs in it!

First moto...I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I was second drop. Well I wheelied and stalled out of the gate. I couldn't get it started. Got going again and caught up and passed one girl. Getting closer to the 2nd, but never managed to get close enough.

Second moto, I got a bad start. I guess there is a different technique at the gate on a fourstroke than with a two...I wheelied AGAIN! This time I kept it running. I passed the same girl pretty quickly again and was gaining on the same one as moto one, but went of the track. By the time I got back on she was gone. Oh well...so I focused on keeping it on two wheels and just finishing. TWO turns before the finish Grewe was coming up on me and I stayed inside, well I managed to stall the bike! Combo of clutch drag, wrong gear and braking too hard. I never did get it started, the flagger guy helped me. So I ended up last 2nd moto...it's all good though. I had fun and I didn't crash. I was getting roosted left and ride and loved every minute of it!

I miss racing every weekend...and I want MY bike back. The one that is properly maintained and set up for a lightweight!

DSCF8910copy.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
Tracy

Tell him to use better oil to get rid of the clutch drag problem on the YZ250F. I had that issue on my WR250F until I stopped using the Yamalube and switched to Maxima full synthetic. You also need to change the oil if the clutch starts to drag with any oil.

Your welcome to take my orange rocketship 250F sometime for a test ride.

Top Bottom