holeshot01

Apr 22, 2001
OK............
After reading the latest issue of transworld mag. and reading the
article on the 04 cr 250 mod bike, my cylinder is off and traveling
to the midwest...........Only I chose eric gorr, after speaking with him on the phone and reading about many happy customers on this site. I am really amazed they can get 4-5 hp more out of the
engine, and wonder how true this is..........Also was wondering if a v-force or rad valve would be better with a ported engine, as I have both. This is the first time i've ever had any engine ported, so
I am excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any comments?

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
sounds awesome.. let us know how it goes! i want to get my 04rm250 ported for a little more everywhere, is it possible? what exactly do you do, reshape the ports and finish off any burrs/casting flaws? appx how much does it cost, what parts do you send off and does anything else need to be changed to mak it work properly?

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
I'm also interested in jOka's questions. How much torque or hp would I gain off a 2003 RM125. I'm just curious.
And I'm assuming it costs around $270. ?

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
sounds like im waisting my money looking for pipes... ill have to check it out for my 02 yz125, i would like to do somthing to my bike to give my bike more power everywhere.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
I just UPS'd the cylinder of my KX 250 to Eric on Friday for the 2mm overbore and the mo better porting. I have a Boyesen Rad valve but not sure if it or the stock reed block should go back in - any thoughts. All the necessary info is listed on Forward Motion's website. The overbore is $400 and includes porting, piston, gasket set, etc. porting only is $150

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
on the site it says designed for 250's and 500's. Is the mo better porting avaible for 125's? is it as affective as it is for 250's and 500's?

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
As you are a subscriber you can go to the Vendor forum and leave a message for Eric or call direct - he answers the phone for tech advice in the mornings all week I think. Good Luck

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Well the CR250 engine is a well rounded engine with a wide torque spread as a top priority in the design. So getting 4 or 5HP more is not a difficult task. Getting that extra power with a decent torque curve is another matter entirely. That is where the genius comes in!!!

If you still need more, consider a big bore kit.

Chris

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Click on Eric Gorrs add on the side of the page for prices.

jokA yes its possible Click on Erics site it tells you all about what he does.

rairden no numbers for you call Eric and ask.

luvtolean

Oct 3, 2002
I tried calling Forward Motion and they were busy, off to lunch....whatever.

Figured I'd ask you all, I want to have the big bore/porting job done to my 03 CR250. What you guys are seeing for turn around times with Eric?

It's riding season in California, don't want to miss 2 months while my bike is apart!

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I had about a 4 week turn around time on mine. But I did send it off right before Christmas. (Or was it right after?) I'd write off one week of that just for the typical holiday crush.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by luvtolean
I tried calling Forward Motion and they were busy, off to lunch....whatever.

Figured I'd ask you all, I want to have the big bore/porting job done to my 03 CR250. What you guys are seeing for turn around times with Eric?

It's riding season in California, don't want to miss 2 months while my bike is apart!

BUSY :)

Plating turnaround time is slowing things down right now becuase it's sled season, so all the platers are running behind with that work. Turnaround time on porting alone is fairly quick, about a week or so, throw in the plating and it's closer to three weeks.

Eric tries to stock big bores cylinders and pistons for most the popular bikes just for this reason, so it's worth calling him and asking if he has an exchange cylinder in stock or you can email him at ericgorr @ dirtrider.net  (remove the spaces first) .

RCERDAD

Jul 6, 2002
After 3 Years Of Using Mr.gorr's Modification's, I Can Honestly Say That There Are No Better Preps Or Mod's Anywhere. From Stock Bores To 144's They All Are Reliable And Just Put The Hp's Where They Need To Be. Where Else Can You Call And Talk Real Time With Questions. Not Only That But Get A Good Understandable Answer. You Can't Spend Your Money Any More Wisely Than At Forward Motion.? Did I Do Good Enough? Thanks Eric For All Your Help.

Top Bottom