j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
Any one here race in the Missouri harescramble series? Im gonna try a couple before the years up, theres is two races pretty close to where I live, Wa****a in farmington, and missouri mudders (at st. joe i think) in park hills.

Any way, I was just curious as to what a guy might be in for, im 27 and have rode pretty much my whole life. I guess i'll start in the beginner and hopefully do good enough to atleast try a c class race. :rotfl:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Hey.........have ridden a ton of them. Anytime you're south of Hwy 70, expect rocks........expect them at Park Hills. The Mudders put on a first rate loop. (they do the National Enduro too) If you've ridden there, you know it offers about 1800 acres for riding.........well used trail. For races they open up more of their land, often laced with fresh, tight, hand-cut stuff. Expect a good turnout, some sand, some rocks, some steep uphills, maybe a little mud. Hydrate up.........enjoy.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Two hours.........if you come in at 1:59, you do another lap. Laps will range from 8-12 miles.

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
hmmm..thats confusing to me, how would they fairly judge the winner? or is it like mx, where if only the rider in 1st comes in at 1:59, everyone does another lap.

sorry for all the questions, i just wanna be prepared.
Do you think a stock gas tank is enough? or are there refuel spots? thanks. no more questions after this.. :cool:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
All classes start 30 secs or maybe 1 min apart (can't really remember). The AA (fastest class) starts first. All classes are timed individually based upon that classes start time. When the overall winner is done they will stop all other racers as they come in to complete their lap........once you ride one, you'll catch on. I see you ride a 125, if you're going WAY FAST and really on the gas you MAY get 30 miles out of a tank. The end of each lap always is set up to go right by the pits.......where your gas is available. You'll most likely want to fill up every other lap. Clarke Plastics makes an oversized tank for 2001 and newer RMs. If hare scrambles is something you end up liking, for about $175 you can probably avoid a gas stop altogether.

bb38

Oct 6, 2007
I plan on trading ym XC quad for a Dirtbike to race in Mo i race the Quad races every now and then ive never really rode a dirtbike in the woods whats it like compared to a quad will it be a hard change im an A quad rider where would i be on bikes any info is helpful thanks

Top Bottom