mp4798

Aug 10, 2001
my buddies and i have a trip booked with "elite moto tours" in sept. to explore the moab area and buckhorn colorado areas. has anybody been on this tour or know of somebody who has done this? what were there experiences? any comments would be appreciated.

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
It was awesome!

Dale gives a quality tour, we have gone two years in a row and had a fantastic time. He can ride at whatever level required to please the crowd.

WoodChuck

mp4798

Aug 10, 2001
elite question

dale seems cool over the phone. were planning to ride moab 1st day,gonna stay the first night at the buckhorn hunting lodge in colorado. 2nd day will be about a 140 mile loop on colorado and back to the buckhorn lodge. 3rd day will be thru moab and back to the drop off. he said were not gonna ride the same trail twice. no support vehicle so were gonna have to were pack in our spare clothes. do you know anybody who has done this route? we fly in at 10:00 am and basically have a full day to kill before riding the next day. any suggestions on how we could kill this day, any good eateries/water holes? any info would be apppreciated.

KTMrad

Mar 20, 2001
I did it a couple of years ago, drove out from Vegas, met my friends from NY for a bachelor dirt riding party !! Anyway, Dale put on a good ride, lots of great scenery and fun trails and slickrock. The only thing I didn't like was we only rode 67 miles in a day, I would've liked to have ridden double that. So, if you want to ride a lot, tell him you want to ride more instead of taking little hikes which take up time.

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
MP4798
you will know more about the town in 5 minutes than I can remember, so no suggestions on food or other activities. However, i can promise you the riding is awesome!!!

regards,
WoodChuck

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
NP,

For good grub and better beer try Eddie Mc Stiffs, tasty pizza. If you're a beer drinker ask for the "Beer tour" and you can sample all 20 or so beers they brew. It's the eqivalent of a couple of full size brews for about $7.

Moab is pretty small, you'll see the whole town in about 15 min. Try the Moab Diner for breakfast! Awesome!

If you are killing a day go see Arches Nat'l park on the north end of town. Definately bring a camera! (no bikes except for road bikes)

I have not ridden with elite but I've meet Dale (he sold me a throttle cable for my XR at his cost:cool: ) He's first rate.

I think the tour is great because your travelling so much between Moab and Colorado. In the future if you want do do Moab on your own it's easy as all the Jeeps/Mtn bikers/ATV's are the life blood of the town. You can get maps everywhere.

Top Bottom