dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Dirtjunkie goes to Moab. Yes it's all that they said it is! We took some time and drove through Bryce & Zion canyons then through Escalante and arriving in Moab the next evening. I read in this forum to find Kevin at the Popular restaurant in town, well he sold the place and went to Baja. We stayed at the Archview campground which is 9 mi north of town. Nice place, RV hookups, cabins for rent too and you can ride right out of camp. As I was going to check out the slickrocks five guys from Texas were riding the the campground so I hooked up with them for the whole week.
The slickrocks area is cool, a good warmer upper, you can finish the whole area in a half day. Then from there we rode west of town one day, then we did the dunes, on the last day the rode the forest at about 9k feet. Very nice single track up in the Alder trees.
Next spring we want to go to the Salina area. Anybody that has feed back on that please add to this report.Moab Pic's :

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Man, I would love to go there some day. Those pictures are awesome! Looks like dirtbike heaven.
Why didn't Sean go with you guys?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
It looks like you have the same problem I do when you go someplace really cool---you're so busy enjoying the ride you forget to stop and snap more pictures!
Moab looks like the dream ride/vacation! Thanks for sharing the pics and info!

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Yea I always intend to take more pic's but it's not easy to stop doing 90 miles per hour in a sand wash. Plus I forgot to bring my fanny pack so I had to get the camara out of my back pack every time.
Shawn was in Hawaii so he didn't make it, he said he's in for the sring ride in Salina...

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Hey dirtjunkie whats the best time of the year to head out to Moab? I was thinking about planning a trip out that way next year.

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Yo Boodac, only been once but seems to me that Sept/Oct. and mid to late spring are the best. Not too cold and not too hot either. Not to mention you miss the summer crowds too. I hear however that Easter is real bad cuz all the jeepers go there then. Still there seems to be room for all expect maybe in town, places to stay etc.

Top Bottom