TOTALL

Feb 21, 2002
HEY GUYS,
Has anyone tried mobil-1 mx2t oil? I remember someone saying it was good stuff i'm thinking of tring it in my cr 250 :yeehaw: mixing it at 32/1.What do you guys think.If anyone has ran it what were the results/how was the power valve.Were would i find it. I've looked at auto zone with no luck. :|

THANKS TOTALL :thumb:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
The auto zone's here have it. I have used it for about 3 years in all my 2-strokes and won't use anything else. I have experienced much LESS build-up on the powervalve (s) versus the other premix I have used in the past. I order mine through AVLUBE, through yahoo stores.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I was having problems with spooge (excess oil from the pipe) on my KX, trying Maxima Super M, Honda HP2 and Golden Spectro. When I tried to jet it out (pilot), the bike became so lean that it would bog when I rode it hard for a time, yet it still had some drool.

I tried MX2T for the first time yesterday, and after a few laps to blow the old spooge out, I cleaned it up and went back out for several laps. When I came back, the pipe was completely dry.

I'm spoogeless. :eek:

MX2T is available for $3.50 at the nearby Autozone, whose hours are better than any motorcycle shop.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
After about 50 or so hours on my last piston, I still had within spec piston and ring-end-gap. MX2T @ 24-26:1

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
My local AutoZone didn't carry it and didn't know what I was talking about until I walked in the door with a bottle so they could scan it and say "yea, we have that in our database." Once you show an interest in buying it from them, they will stock it for you.

I've had good results from using it. Only complaint I've EVER heard about it is it's near colorless quality. Can't hardly tell plain gas from MX2T mixed gas. Make sure you label your cans so you dont accidently put the wrong fuel in your bike.

Ford-PSD

Uhhh...
Oct 22, 2002
Hogwylde;

I purchased red oil dye like what they use to color diesel fuel and it only takes about 8 drops to color a pint bottle of MX2T blood red.

They dye ran me about $2.00 an ounce, but an ounce will last a life time.
If you are interested in some, I can sell it to you in 1/2 ounce bottles.
Just send me an email at ktm300matt@aol.com if you would like some.

I was a strong user of Yamalube 2R until I was turned onto MX2T.

Last edited:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
just out of interest ford, where did you get the dye from?

i have turned away from the big 5 gal fuel can to too smaller ones so i am always swapping and changing with gas.....would hate to put some in without oil!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I have a bottle of dye that a Mobil engineer gave me. I will find out how to obtain the stuff and post it.

Ford-PSD

Uhhh...
Oct 22, 2002
Here is the company that I ordered the dye from: The lady on the phone was very nice in answering my questions:

Sandy Brae Labs, ask for the red dye for hydraulic oil
Ph: 302- 456-0446
119A Sandy Drive;
Newark, DE 19713

The 16 oz bottle was $26.00 and the shipping/handling was $6.00 for a total of $32.00 which comes out about $2.00 an ounce and let me tell you it only takes about 8-12 drops of concentrated red dye to color a pint bottle blood red. I believe the bottle says 1 oz colors 25 gallons of diesel fuel.

clw

Dec 29, 2000
Ford:
I'm game to buy a bottle from you, but one quick question, have you noticed if this dye will adversely affect a neutral or clear color tank? I'd hate to have it turn my new, high $ IMS tank pink!
Thanks

Ford-PSD

Uhhh...
Oct 22, 2002
clw,

Now that I can't tell you because my 2000 has a black tank and I don't think you can affect that color, but I honestly don't know what to tell you.

old#48

Jun 17, 2002
An alternative to the dye might be to zip tie a little piece of cardboard to the gas jug and mark on there the date and time you put the oil in the gas. Use multiple lines and scratch out the last one as you go along. I guess you could also just stick on a new piece of duct tape each time and write on that. Either way would probably end up being a hassle, but might work.

Personally, I think you can tell when you have the Mobil1 in there anyway, it may not be real apparent like say a red oil would be, but I think you can tell, but I could be full of sh-- on this.

Last edited:

clw

Dec 29, 2000
You're right, you can easily tell when it's mixed. My interest in the dye is to increase visibility of the fuel in a drive by situation by looking through a clear tank. It' s hard to gauge fuel level on each lap without the rider stopping, the color when mixed doesn't show through the tank material very well. Those teams using highly dyed oils have it easy and make me jealous. But, not enough to quit using MX2T, it is so good!

old#48

Jun 17, 2002
I see, ya taught me something on that, I wouldn't have thought about that aspect of the color of pre-mix. This world we live in is just full of new things to learn about. :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I cannot tell when my fuel is mixed with MX2T by color.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
One other thing to consider in seeing your fuel level in the translucent tank is fuel type, I mix my pump fuel with race gas and different types are red or blue, which makes judging fuel level very easy with mx2t oil.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
How do you know the oil is in it?

clw

Dec 29, 2000
The Mobil pump gas I use is clear, when mixed it has a gold or amber hue. Not much color but enough to see. I always add the oil to an empty can that's dedicated for premix and verify the oil is there prior to filling by shaking the can to hear the oil slosh. Hadn't had a problem yet, but could of just jinxed myself!

Top Bottom