Racerdude

May 24, 2000
I'm posting this for a friend. He wants to know what ratio you run your mobil 1 at. he has tried 32:1 and didnt like it. what do you all run? Thank you!

Racerdude

May 24, 2000
its running too rich. He wants to know wether 40:1 or 50:1 is better. I am running 50:1 pro2, which is synthetic too, he just doesnt want to experiment for himself. I need an answer!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
If it is running too rich, going from 32:1 to 40:1 will exacerbate the problem. Besides, wouldn't the best way to correct the problem be to rejet the carb for the mix, not change the ratio of the mix for the carb?

CR SETH

Jul 7, 2000
I run 5 different bikes out of my shop and we mix one bottle of MX2T to 5 gal. of gas. We have been using MX2T for about a year and a half with only the best results.

johnv

Mar 10, 2000
I've been running MX2t in my CR80 shifter kart at 20:1, using VP c12 for the last two years with excellent results! Clean burning absolutely no sludge.

BTW, I run almost every weekend and these engines run practically constant at almost 14000 rpm! Excellent stuff!!!

Just be sure the jetting is correct!

John

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'm also running MX2T @ 20:1
had to fatten the jets

Whoops

Jun 19, 2000
It seems that 32:1 should work okay if the bike is jetted correctly. I use 40:1 on my 98 KX250 because 32:1 seemed like overkill. (that and one bottle in my 5 gallons gas tank equals 40:1) Once the was jetting set, ...finally, the bike runs great with very little spooze.

I guess the oil works good. One top end job since switching and everything looked good.

Whoops

raykx

Jun 26, 2001
If you guys talk so highly about mobil 2xmt then why do they only carry it at auto zone and no bike shops?:think No shops in so cal carry it just wondering. It would make sense if was good stuff:think

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by raykx
If you guys talk so highly about mobil 2xmt then why do they only carry it at auto zone and no bike shops

It's because Parts Unlimited and the other MC distributors don't carry it. Mobil sells through standard automotive jobbers, but that is likely to change before year end.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Why carry MX2T at $3.50 a pop, when you can carry an assortment of snake oil at $9.00 ?

:p

raykx

Jun 26, 2001
Hey Jaybird

Let me know which snake oils are you talking about? What oils have you had bad luck with? Just wondering why you started to use the mobil oil:think I do argee about the over price on some oils that some shops carry thats why I don"t buy Motul 800 and high price stuff. I use the yamalube 2-r oil and the rep and the at $5-$6 you really can go wrong with that. Good stuff;)

reynome

Sep 1, 1999
I run 28:1, one of my other riding buddys runs 25:1. We have no spooge or fouling probs. We spend alot of time jetting though, once you get the bike jetted correctly you can run higher oil ratios without any probs. It does give you good better ring seal and I like to think that it protects my motor better.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
raykx,
If Mobil oil can put out a very quality synthetic two-stroke oil for $3.50, I find any oil priced $5 or higher snake oil.

I had used nothing but Spectro full synthetic before I switched. I had no problems at all with the product, except for one....Price.

I'm not knocking any particualr brand of oil, most will suffice anyway...all I'm saying is that there is no way one can justify paying $9 a bottle for 2-stroke snake oil.

raykx

Jun 26, 2001
Hey Jaybird

That $3.50 price is that for a pint or a qrt. The $5 that I pay for yamalube is for qrt. If that is for a qrt let me know where I can find it because none of the autozone carry it around here in so cal.

Top Bottom