Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
This might be old news but Mobil is discontinuing their 2-smoke oil. I'm pretty bummed as I used to go to Autozone and get my oil........ I have 4 2-strokes to feed so I guess I'll have to make the drive to Honda/Suzuki and see what they have. I've heard HP2 is good. They also carry Belray H1R. What is everyone else running that they have had good luck with? Maybe I'll just have to get that 4 stroke now :laugh:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Autozone is still carrying it for a little while longer. I just bought 4qts of it today to put on reserve.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Is this official? Where did the news come from?

Mar 10, 2007
That sucks i just bought my first quart of this stuff and i swear my bike ran better and i had less smoke. Does anyone know what other manufacturers make 2 stroke oil? Such as valvoline, pennzoil etc etc

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
camaro_guy_z28 said:
That sucks i just bought my first quart of this stuff and i swear my bike ran better and i had less smoke. Does anyone know what other manufacturers make 2 stroke oil? Such as valvoline, pennzoil etc etc

I started using Torco GP7 as recommended by a dealer. It seems to work fine.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I use Maxima all synthetic @ 40 to 1 and works great, I also like the Mobil 2T and it is cheaper when you can find it (looks like that will become increasingly difficult).

dirtnerd

Dec 31, 2006
I did a little research and found that the Maxima 927 was a good oil and it helps clean your engine. I bought a 1999 KDX early this year. Two months ago I did a top end and found that the piston and power valves were being cleaned up. It was great. I use to use Golden Spectro, That gummed up my kips valves in six months. I also tore apart a friends bike that was using Silkoline and I was not impressed with that either. With the cleaning action of the 927 I am sold. Just my 2 cents

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
Green Hornet said:
Golden Spectro Anyone???

:cool: :cool:

I run 50:1 in my ancient RMX and all the other 2t bikes as well...no problems in 17 years with the oil!

I do, however, love the smell of good castor oil! :)

Rotor

Mar 10, 2007
dirt bike dave said:
One of my buddies has used it for the last 3+ years and he thinks it is an excellent product.
I don't recall seeing it at any local dealers near me but i found it in a catalog and it seems to be pretty reasonably priced compared to some of the other oils out there. I really like the mobil 2t and i actually wrote to them about them not making it anymore but i'm sure they don't care about my 1 complaint. Maybe if we can get a few thousand complaints maybe they will change their minds. Is the repsol at least comparable to mobil 2t?

Top Bottom