teaz247

Jun 27, 2004
HEY EVERYBODY IT'S TEAZ AGAIN W/ YET ANOTHER STUPID QUESTION. I'VE BEEN READING OBOUT PEOPLE USING MOBILE 1 ATF TO REPLACE OEM FORK OIL, I OWN A 2000 CR250 W/ SHOWA SUSPENSION, THE FRONT FORKS HAVE BEGAN TO LEAK AT A PRETTY FAST RATE, I CAN'T GET THE NEW SEALS FOR ANOTHER WEEK AND A HALF...(THEY HAD TO BE ORDERED) SO MY QUESTION IS... CAN I MIX THE TRANNY FLUID WITH THE FORK OIL THAT IS IN THE FORKS NOW OR DO I HAVE TO DRAIN THE OLD OIL AND REPLACE WITH MOBILE ? ALSO HOW MUCH OIL WILL I NEED WHEN REPLACING THE SEALS AND DO YOU RECOMEND THE MOBILE 1 OR REAL FORK OIL. I AM A 175-185 LBD RIDER AND AM VERY NEW TO THE SPORT THEREFORE NOT THAT AGRESSSIVE IN MY RIDING STYLE( NO BIG AIR ......YET) THANX A MILLION HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP! :moon: :laugh:

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Hey Teaz...first off, please turn off the "CAPS LOCK" as it is hard to read and considered shouting.

First off, I don't recommend riding the bike if the fork seal is leaking that badly. You can do damage to the internals (see: $$$$).

If you absolutely MUST ride, then try cleaning the seal at least. The trouble is, without draining the old oil, you'll have no idea how much is still in there, so yes, it's better to drain it all and refill with new fluid.

I used M1 ATF in my 2000 CR250 without any problems. It works quite well. It is slightly heavier in weight than the standard 5wt that is stock, so you'll probably find you have to back the clickers out a click or two to compensate.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom