truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I went one size larger on the pilot. Here in SC the bike seemed a good bit choked off. The richer jetting helped with starting and some with throttle response.

I hear a fork brace helps a lot as well and Motorcycle Daily says a Yoshimira pipe really gives it some added power.

I would go with a smaller countershaft sprocket too but since it is my wife's bike I'm keeping it stock for now.

Ivan

TMDirtDad

May 2, 2001
I put on the Yoshimura after market silencer(but not head pipe), drilled holes in the airbox(top only). REALLY opens bike up. This did cause it to run lean, I think my mechanic raised the needle one clip?? That was all it needed, and now it runs fine. These are nice trail bikes. Mine has been very dependable.

jtorresiii

Dec 8, 2002
Thanks for the replys. I just ordered a valve kit for his forks being his forks were too soft. As of right now, he put on a yoshimura silencer and turned the fuel mixture screw out so he tells me. I told him to take the bike in and have it rejetted being the drz's run too lean. Other than that, he loves his bike.

Top Bottom