Mods on XR250R 87??

Flackmore

Oct 20, 2002
Greetings,
Just wondering if anybody has any good mods for this bike (Xr250R, 87). I was especally wonding if someone knew of a good aftermarket pipe for this bike.

Thanks

Flackmore

Oct 20, 2002
Does anyone know where I could find info on a pipe for my bike?
That is really the only mod that I want to do. :silly:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Actually from what i've read on the mods for the XR 250 a power roll Cam is way better than a pipe/muffler combo. Sure the new muffler is more open aka free flowing than the stocker so it will increase it alittle bit. A pipe combo might get you 1-2 hp as were a good cam might get like 3-4 hp or more. That or a cam could do more for changing the power characteristics. The main reason most people change to stock XR pipe/muffler setup is to drop mainly weight and increase power alittle bit. Do some more inquiring and you'll find out that you'll get more power out of that XR with a trick Cam instead of pipe/muffler.

Flackmore

Oct 20, 2002
Thanks for the websight and the advice. I will look into the cam. I am also trying to shed some weight, every little bit helps me alot. Also the guy that owned the bike before me didn't take care of it very well. He also droped it a lot and messed up the muffler pretty bad.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…