RM125Guy

Jun 30, 2001
What mods do you guys think i should get for a 1986 rm125? I have $800 to spend and I plan on a big bore kit,porting,head work,and a pipe,what else would you recommend if i have any money left over?

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I don't think you will be able to find a pipe for your model year. Performance wise, you would be better off selling your bike and use your extra 800$ to get a bike a bit more recent. I'm saying that because in the 80s, MX technology improved so rapidly every year that often the last model year yould not even be raceable. You will notice that in the 90s, the changes were more subtle and sometimes they were even steps backwards. Good luck!

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
If you really want to do some improvements to that bike instead of buying another, the single best mod you can do is to modify the suspension to best suit your weight, skill level, and terrain that you ride in. Proper suspension action will greatly enhance your control and comfort, and will improve your speed more than any engine mods you can do.

smarttoys

Sponsoring Member
Apr 29, 2001
I'm curious if there are any suspension shops that would be willing to modify the suspension on a '86 RM125. Otherwise you will have to play with it yourself.

Top Bottom