Monday Night Football? I don't think so!

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
Monday Night Football? I don't think so! :p

But where else could everyone be? Where are the week end ride reports? I haven't been able to ride and have been looking forward to hearing the adventures of others, now I'm reduced to recycling forwarded e-mails. It's a sad day. :(

This room is looking kind of neglected so here word from:

Women about Women

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy.
--Helen Hayes (at 73)

I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows.
--Janette Barber

Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
--Jan King

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse.
--Lily Tomlin

A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.
--Carrie Snow

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your
girlfriends.
--Laurie Kuslansky

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. --Erma Bombeck

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
--Rhonda Hansome

Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.
--Jennifer Unlimited

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
--Caryn Leschen

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
--Jennifer Unlimited

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a
horrible warning.
--Catherine Aird

Top Nine Things Only Women Understand
9. Why it's good to have five pairs of black shoes.
8. The difference between cream, ivory, andoff-white.
7. Crying can be fun.
6. FAT CLOTHES.
5. A salad, diet drink, and a hot fudge sundae make a balanced lunch.
4. Discovering a designer dress on the clearance rack can be considered a peak life experience.
3. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.
2. A good man might be hard to find, but a good hairdresseris next to impossible.

AND THE NUMBER ONE THING ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND:
1. OTHER WOMEN!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Did those come from that women's daily calendar? We used to have that on the counter at my old job and some of those sound familiar. There was one I liked . . . I can't remember exactly how it goes or who said it . . . "Why should I marry and make one man miserable when I can stay single and make thousands miserable?" That one cracks me up.

It has been quiet in here. Maybe we're all out riding! I wish.

I raced my first true motocross race and my first race on my new bike Friday night. I sucked. I got beat by a girl on an 80 Expert and another on a KX 100. Actually the girl on the 100 fell down in the second moto so I wasn't dead last both times. Pretty close though. I was pretty angry and frustrated at myself because I know I'm better in practice . . . but as soon as the gate drops, all my bad habits come back--dropping my elbows, slowing down too much for corners, short shifting instead of using all the power my bike makes, etc. I was really pissed. Then it started to rain and I had more fun in my second moto. I like mud. :)

We rode some more on Sunday and found a track with no jumps, just corners, so I worked on cornering speed until I couldn't hang on to the handlebars anymore and I'd burned a tank and a half of gas (my bike has a 3-gallon tank!). An eventful weekend.

What about everybody else?

Blackhawk, wasn't your first race this weekend or do I disremember?

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Disremember - now I like that one! :cool:
Nice quotes SGR!

Welll, we (Karl, myself and my two kids the boy 8 & the girl 6) packed up & headed up north for the recon on the Lake Gillette area trails in preparation for this coming weekend.

We arrived at our isolated little campground near the creek about 9 pm, set up the trailer in the dark and crashed. It rained off & on all night so we knew that the trails would be great, a little slippery but NO DUST!!! This area is known for it's many exposed roots and fabulous singletrack (I read the goofy tabloid rags when I go camping so my writing may reflec that!!! ), some rain just makes it that much more fun.

I was awaken to a birthday Apple Strudel and several wonderful presents from Karl & the kids - an FMF Golf shirt, a T handle Trail Tool, Spark Plug wrench, a quart of gear oil and a certificate for a balloon ride.

We finally all got geared up and put our Hefty Brand raingear on to head down the trails. We made it to one of the first hills and the little LEM wasn't fairing too well. After some trailside inspection we discovered that the poor little thing had some serious internal problems so we got it going the best we could and rode/walked it back to camp. My daughter was bummed because she wanted to ride but it wasn't looking good. Karl and my son took off to check some of the easier trails while I stayed at camp with my daughter who is always entertaining. A few people passed by going to the trails but it was pretty peaceful. Two guys stopped to ask if I had seen their buddies, nope. Then they asked about my bike - the usual "That your bike?" "Yes." "It's a 250?" "Nope, 500." "WOW YOU RIDE A 500 UP HERE?" "Yep." Off they go! :p

The boys set out on the Ruftac and Rufus Trails, two nice fairly easy trails. They were pretty well cleared except one big log that was across the trail. From what they told me there were 3 guys in line at the log while one guy was taking forever to try to get over it. So Pat and Karl just went ahead over it while the others were still tying up the trail - hmmm wonder if they minded at all? Oh well. The boys cleared the stuff that was in the way and when they got back to camp they were tired, wet and cold. They had been rained on and hailed on while Randi and I had relaxed at camp under cover.

They told me about the trail and I decided that I needed to give it a run. The maps are pretty good that the USFS gives out and I did recognize the trails after a bit. I had a nice ride all by myself and returned to camp in time to enjoy the evening.

Sunday, we cleared out some of the trails in the area we were camping so the kids could ride nearby. Karl had performed some minor surgery on the LEM and it was running strong again. My daughter was flying over the little jumps and tearing around the loop. :eek: Oh well, that's why she wears all the gear. We finally got ready to head out to some of the other trails. Traveled on some nice kid friendly trails, crossed the highway and started up Radar Dome Trail. Came to a downed tree and stopped to clear a path around it - we will bring the chainsaw this weekend. Finally got ready to go and fired up the LEM. She climbed on it, gave the throttle a twist and it died with a loud clunk. Uh oh!! I walked over and tried to roll it forward and the rear wheel was locked up tight. Oops, think it is toast! Since it was getting to be afternoon, Karl and Pat rode back to get the truck while Randi & I got our bikes back to the road. We had the Hefty Brand raingear so we filled the bags with all the trash the other's before us had left while waiting for the boys. Loaded up the bikes, packed up camp and took the scenic Pond Oreille (Pond Oray) River drive back home. Got home, unloaded the bikes and went for another ride, what can I say, no dust, gotta ride!

It was a great birthday weekend, can't wait for Friday when we get to do it again.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Hopefully I'm riding this weekend, my bike is so unloved at the moment, all she does is go up the forest and sit around, often without even being started for the day - ah well, her time will come ;)

We've been cutting trails for an event us & friends got landed with organising (it's fun, but it's hard work). Glad all of us have the same ideas about what we want, and thankfully the kids are willing to put up with being ignored for most of a day or trying to help out (6yo's are not allowed saws, I don't care what Henk says, she can just pick up the branches). I pulled out of the two-man race last weekend due to this fact, and with the weather the way it was (it sucked), we called it a day at 2pm (we were cold, wet and miserable and even though we could have gone riding, no way did us girls want to).

I'm having nightmares about the whole event (literally), so I hope it goes off ;)

Top Bottom