Mongrel 520 EXC - UFO & Trick Dual Sport

Kwi-Chang

Nov 17, 1999
With the Land Issues being as they are I have purchased a quick release dual-sport kit for my RFS 520. (forget the 'blasphemy' replies - I've heard it all!)
The kit is from Trick Dual Sport and appears to be a well designed and manufactured system. Most of all the important parts to make the bike legal are fitted onto a printed circuit board that mounts behind the front # plate. The wiring harnesses plug into this board.

The biggest turn off to me was having to add signal lights to the bike but this kit has the signal lights integrated into the front # plate and I have a UFO rear fender assembly which also has the signals neatly tucked in as well.

Now the question... The tail-light assembly is a UFO product and I purchased it from another supplier. The install requires removal of the factory tail-light which is rather large and rigid and the UFO unit does not have anywhere near the length & strength of the factory unit. I am not sure if these UFO's are a universal mount or I have got the wrong part.

Anybody with experience with this install (and go ahead with the bad jokes - I need a laugh right now)?

Kwi, the '*******' guy...

oops - forgot that the b*****d word is still offensive to some

Last edited:
Top Bottom