firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Dairyland MX Park

It is just behind the prison—you turn on the same street, then follow past prison onto dirt road. You’ll be able to see it on your right.

It is a fairly long track, over a mile and a half (guess) that is sandy in places and hardpack in places. There are some decent sized jumps, including one long uphill triple, a long straightaway, two whoop sections, some off-camber and flat corners and a long rhythm section. There are actually 4 different tracks—a pee-wee track (no big bikes please), the main track and two smaller tracks. One is currently not accessible due to flooding and the other is more sx style with bermed corners, chicanes, and more peaked jumps. There is also a 12-mile GP course which I have not been on yet. It is supposed to be fast, 4th-gear kind of stuff. Prices are kind of steep but the proceeds are going to a special fund to help qualifying Washington riders go to the ISDE so that makes it worth it. They do offer a membership discount.

Hours are M-W-F 3-7 pm and Sat and Sun 12-7. Contact John Beal at http://members.tripod.com/sonicbeal/

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
Thanks for the info!

Man, I have been searching all over for John Beal. I hear he designed some hard parts for Gas Gas bikes and I wanted to check them out.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Been to the track 3 times now. I like softer dirt and taller berms but it was still a fun place to be. I put in quite a few laps out there last Saturday. A good friend has been doing a lot of the dozing out there. They just installed water, too. I can post pictures maybe tomorrow—I have a bunch to scan of my new bike and stuff, and I’m doing an article on the track for Motorsports News.

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
Neato! You can ride dozers there!? I have been totally looking for a place to ride mine.;)

Some friends and I are possibly going there after work next Wed. It sounds like a blast.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Ya it looks really kewl, If I can get my bike running right I'm gonna go check it out. Maybe I can get FC to go with me ;)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Silly boys. ;)

here are the promised pictures--follow the link to in my signature to my photo page, then there's a folder called "Dairyland MX Park." Check out the pics of my new bike while you're there!

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
cool pics, i'll have to check it out some time. they allow quads on it too, i'll have to take the XR & LT out there once i have them together, tuned and cash to afford it.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Gonna be there tomorrow! Who else? Yeah, kinda pricey but worth it! I'm going to work on the double (gulp :eek: ) and run the GP course a little. I'll be there until about 3. Look for me! Red truck, black and silver KTM, black and grey gear, orange helmet.

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
I'll try to be there. I am either going to Shelton or Reiter on Sunday and I have some friends in town I may have to entertain. Decisions, decisions.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Anyone ever wants to go on a sunday email me a few days in advance. For that matter anyone ever wants to just go ridding let me know I hate ridding by myself anymore. FC you've been going there a lot lately, your gonna have to show me around now or no wait. how bout we all mob over there on a sunday?

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Reiter is an unmanaged, unpatroled, haven for B.S. The only way to solve the problem will be to make it a ORV facility, wich is appearing more unlikely as time goes by. There is alot of shooting in that area with no regard for safety, I have witnessed big time problems over the years.

ultrachrome, you can't be serious about having to decide if you wan't to ride Shelton? That place is one of our best!

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
But Reiter also has some of the nastiest terrain I have seen. I love that stuff. Furthermore, this was my first chance to score some NMA points. I suck so I need all the point scoring opportunities I can get.

Anyway, I couldn't get all my shiznit together to get out there in time to hook up with my riding partners for the 70 mile loop. It was hard enough to get to Reiter this morning. I ended up leaving my boots at home and the garage door open!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I talked to John Beal who's managing Dairyland and he knew I was coming. I did not get to ride very long Saturday unfortunately due to a late start and Dirtygirly having to get over to Horn Rapids that evening. Oh well, I had a great day! They have changed a lot of the track. I came up the uphill jump on the pipe and noticed mid-air that it's a LOT bigger than it was last time I was up there. :eek: I landed it though I am glad I'm female as I flat-landed and bottomed out and stalled it. Didn't fall though. So anyway it's a great track. Pitted for Steve Sunday at Reiter for the Jackhammer ISDE--Ultrachrome, did you make it there? Did you race?

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
Yeah, I made it. Don't know how I did. Made a mistake early in the first special test that only compounded into more problems. Second special test I fouled a plug. Third one went okay, though. Really gnarly in places which for some sick reason I like.

I think I saw you there. I drove past you in a pewter Silverado with a way too shiny yellow Gas Gas looking for a place to park. Where you wearing a light colored sweatshirt? And you were standing next to the starting line right?

I am going to try the Dairyland on Wed.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I do remember seeing you, but I was wearing jeans and a black Shift sweatshirt and a gray KTM hat. Standing next to the white Dodge with a white trailer behind it. How did you do? What class did you ride?

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
Well, in that case, I don't know if I saw you at all.

I raced open C but I was incorrectly marked as open A. Hopefully they will get that corrected. I currently suck so I didn't hang out for the results. I was there to try out the Gas Gas and score some points.

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
Dairyland

I went last Sunday what a blast Big air (Too big for me) GP track, TT track etc.
when this place gets its permits it Will be the place to go race in the Puget Sound area . Good job John,Billy and who ever else has helped!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Wednesday night GP races

Dairyland will start Wed. night GPs--I think tonight is the first. I believe the start at 6 but don't quote me on that, check the website and email for details.

The only problem with Dairyland is that John is operating on the edge of legality. So please do not abuse what he has built--everyone remember to abide by his rules and stay away from the farm and the house, and keep speed down on the road in. If any officials start sniffing around he might be done for. If, however, he can get all his permits, it could be the coolest place to ride in WA.

Top Bottom