ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
VICTORVILLE- "A Monrovia man was killed Saturday morning while operating an off-road motorcycle on the racetrack at Victorville Motocross Complex on Stoddard Wells Rd., according to the San Bernardino County Coroner.
David Williams, 42, left the track's road edge on his dirt bike, went airborne and impacted the ground, the coroner reported. Paramedics responded and transported him to St. Mary Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 11:36 a.m., the coroner said.
The San Bernardino County Sheriffs Dept. is investigating the accident."

This story was a blurb in one of the back pages of our local paper. Kind of ironic that we would have 2 fatalities in one day in SoCal given the safety record of this sport.
My condolences to this mans' family. :whiner: We all know the risk we take every time we swing a leg over our machines, and after weighing the benefits over the risks we choose to ride, experiencing the joy of mastering both machine and terrain, and our fears. Godspeed Mr. Williams.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sad to hear as always, Godspeed to his family.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Way to young for this kind of thing to happen. I just pray the guy didnt leave behind any kids. The wife called me about it when they wheeled him into her hospital doing cardio. From what the paramedics told her, the guys throttle stuck while going over a jump. I was working on the green beast at the time and I couldnt help but think how easy it really is to get hurt let alone die. Whats even worse, is that I was born and grew up in Monrovia for over 21 years. You guys be carefull out there. It isnt worth dying over.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
The rider's name was Dave Williams. He was racing an ROTMX race (guest riding from LAOTMX) when he came up a little short on a table and his throttle went wide open (exactly how is unclear). He hit a dirt berm and was launched straight in the air. I wasn't there, so this is only hearsay.

I never knew Dave, but he was one of the old timer brother's.

Godspeed.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Heck, a Williams, ROTMX, 42 years old....

Too many coincidences for me!!!!

I had planned to call in sick to ride that race that day, but work keeps getting in the way of motorcycles.

My sympathies to all affected by this tragedy.

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Dave Williams Memorial Ride

There will be a Memorial Ride day at VMC on Monday Feb 16th (president's day holiday) The track will be open from 9am to 10pm and proceeds will go to Dave's family for funeral expenses, etc.

For more info go to LAOTMX.com

Top Bottom