LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I have a 1976 Montesa Cota 247. Is that a classic? Right now it doesn’t run
frown.gif
but I am working on fixing it! I would really love to see that old bike run again. I am still looking for parts so if anyone knows where to get old Montesa parts let me know! I need new points, flywheel puller, rear shocks and a carburetor. Has anyone ever ridden one of these bikes?

Lee Wilson

------------------
Crashing Sucks!

GHam847345

Dec 5, 1999
Wasn't the Cota a trials bike?Up here in AMA District 14 they have a trials only webpage with lots of various links.Perhaps your district has the same.Just another possible avenue to try.Sorry I couldn't be more help.

------------------
Member UAW Local 961 Thanks for buying Dodge Trucks

yz458

Jan 8, 2001
LOCAL COLLECTOR FRIEND OF MINE HAS THE 25/49/123/247 LINE UP ALL MINT.NICE TO LOOK AT.HE JUST GOT THE 247 LAST YEAR TO COMPLETE THE LINE UP.NO SPARE PARTS THOUGH.

demographic

Jan 21, 2002
I have recently ended up with a couple of Montessa Cota 247 trials bikes (and a watercooled Maico 250 :) and will be looking for a source of parts for em, anyone know where is good and what parts are hard to find?
The montessas are both in bits so need quite a lot of work done before the bikes will be rideable

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's a classic as far as most of us old guys are concerned. ;)

demographic

Jan 21, 2002
LWilson250 said:
I have a 1976 Montesa Cota 247. Is that a classic? Right now it doesnÂ’t run
frown.gif
but I am working on fixing it! I would really love to see that old bike run again. I am still looking for parts so if anyone knows where to get old Montesa parts let me know! I need new points, flywheel puller, rear shocks and a carburetor. Has anyone ever ridden one of these bikes?

Lee Wilson

------------------
Crashing Sucks!

I have been looking for some of these parts myself and as far as I have heard out theres a double ended flywheel puller mad by either Buzzetti or Motion Pro (not sure which) that has a 27 by 1.25 threaded end and another 26 by 1.50 threaded end.
I know this will do many Motoplatt flywheels ans with a bit of luck might even work on my Maico ;)

Carbs can be bought from this place http://www.jhmotorcycles.co.uk/car.htm and the one on mine looks like an Amal 27 mil concentric, errr I think anyway.
The one on Mines an Amal with a 27 mil bore and looks like the pictures I have seen of them.

I have just heard of somebody else who has yet another rolling chassis so I might just fork out the 40 quid he wants for it ;)

Not ridden mine yet cos it's still in many bits but am looking forward to it

Top Bottom