89rmx250

Feb 10, 2000
Has anyone used the Moose easy-pull clutch system? Does it work? How does it install? It looks like you would connect your clutch cable to one side of it, and connect the other side to your clutch lever.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I've gone one, same thing but labelled by O'Neal. It works pretty good, I like mine. I don't know if I'd buy one again, it was an impulse buy and I never really needed one, you know, one of those things.. No complaints with the product though, works as advertised and no problems.

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
I have never tried the Moose or Oneal, but I have an MSR Raptor Clutch lever\perch on my 2001 KX250. It works pretty well, but it can be a little fragile. Then again anything has to be better than the stock pull on my KX250. I couldn't make it very far without a leverage adjustment.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The Moose/O'Neal easy-clutch isn't like the MSR Raptor perch. It's not a perch or lever, it's actually an adapter that goes onto the clutch cable, about 2" away from the perch. You hook the end of the clutch cable onto an arm used to modify the leverage, while it's got its own cable coming out the other side of it off of the arm to go to your perch/lever. Used in conjunction with an Applied Pro Perch (roller bearing) it's quite nice.:)

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Thanks Cam. I am familiar with the Easy pull system. They work pretty well. I was going to get one for my KX but I liked the feel of the raptor lever better than stock and I did'nt want to have to spend the money on an easy pull and a new lever to get what I was looking for. For $30.00 I got what works for me all in one. I only wish they made them a little sturdier. Everytime I lay it over the perch somehow loosens up and it droops down. The ultimate combination would be Works Connection Easy adjust with an easy pull system, but I don't have the bucks for that right now.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I hear you there..

For what it's worth, the Applied perch/lever is as good or better than the Works Connection perch, IMHO, and wayyy cheaper. If I'm not mistaken it was around $40, has a roller bearing pivot point, quick adjust, and is CR-bend. It also has a teflon sleeve. The lever/perch hasn't gotten sloppy like most do, and I've had it on for a full season.

I'm sure the Works Connection is a nice unit but there are way cheaper :scream: alternatives out there, which are just as nice comparatively.

Top Bottom