2 B

Aug 31, 2000
Has anybody tried the moose reed spacers on there kdx. Thinking about trying it on my
98 kdx 220. Any info would be helpful thanks.

98 kdx 220
All mods, except ported cyl. and bored carb?????????

ID 360mxc

Feb 24, 2001
I have a 2000 kdx 200 with a fmf pipe and silencer air box lid removed etc. I just ordered the reed spacer and I will let you know how it works out.

rmxr

Sep 6, 2000
Moose Torque Spacer

I put one on my RMX, it adds slightly more low end, barely noticable at least on the RMX which is already pretty torquey ( mine has a Stealy flywheel weight).
It won't hurt any thing, only about $20, might be different on a KDX, I did it out of curiousity. Some comments: the gaskets aren't even close, very oversized you will need to trim them down some. Also the intake sounds different at first, kinda catches you off guard, wouldn't think that it would sound any different but it's only noticeable when you first put it on, I guess you just get used to it. No jetting changes were made or necessary.

ID 360mxc

Feb 24, 2001
Just installed reed spacer.It seemed to give it more low end and better roll on power.Also I had .010 milled off the head and I shortened the TC-2 two inches.I have the rev pipe which was not my first choice but I bought it used like new with the TC-2 and new Pro series reeds for 150.00.It ripps.When it needs a piston I will go for the 225cc kit.

Top Bottom