AinChains

Oct 3, 2005
Has anyone tried it? I bought the MSR aluminum shift lever and stripped it out on the first ride. The stock one bends way to easily. Any recommendations or input is appreciated.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Use a stock shifter. Reinforced with some added metal and it will work fine.

Well, mine has.

What stripped? The splines?

Not tight enough maybe?

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
I have an ITP folding shift lever on my K5 with no problems. I don't think I would go alumium on that because I am known to take plenty of soil samples on a ride.

AinChains

Oct 3, 2005
Yep, the splines stripped. I try not to take many soil samples the last one I took created a 36,000 dollar hospital tab, thank god for insurance.

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Soil seems to have a magnetic attraction. I ride, I fall down. Go with steel, the weight difference won't matter and sometimes you can bend it back if it bends to save a ride. Mine was too high or too low so I bent it to the right height.

Dale

forbes

May 17, 2006
i found an msr one that is steel and made for my bike. it's black but it look's quality. thank's all for your input. monkeybuttparts is where i found it and i tried to post a link but it won't let me.

Last edited:

kwb377

Dec 30, 2004
I've got the Moose lever and it works great. I would have to tweak the stocker back into position after every ride, but I've had the Moose lever for about 6 months without it bending at all. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom