kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Just finished brewing my latest batch-O-beer. A nice hoppy high gravity pale ale ( I hope ;^) ) I also made a small batch of well... small beer from the 2nd runnings. The wife will be glad as she does not like...well ... not my beer (too much flavor for her) :thumb: leaves more for me :yeehaw:

FYI, just in case there are any brewers out there.

Kevin

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
are you an all-grain brewer? I've been doing partial mashes for about a six months now and am hoping to go all grain this summer.
I've had one batch turn out great, a couple batches turn out good, a couple turn out ok, and a couple that were undrinkable.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Yup, I gave up extract brewing 10 years ago 'cause I am too cheap :ohmy: OG was 1.061 and bitterness was at 59 IBU, should be nice an hoppy, but I believe that the specific gravity will back it up, I also mashed on the high end of the temp range to get more unfermentables. Sooo we'll see in a month or so :)

I don't think that you'll reget going all grain as it gives more control. And you don't have to buy the mini brew pub like set ups, just scroundg around and build and you'll end up with a perfectly good ( and cheap) all grain set up.

Cheers

Kevin

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
mmmmm, beeeeer,

I havent brewed for a few years, but I miss it. I have had a few award winning pale ales, and a recipe for a BIG IPA.

OG 1.073
IBU 56.5
Big Columbus and Cascade dry hop with fresh Honey just prior to running it thru the chiller.
It did come off a litte sweet (mash in at 156) could have stood a couple more IBU's.
Took a long time to finish using 1056.

I need a brewer or helper near me to split a 10 gallon, easier than soloing a 5, I have a 15 gallon boiler.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Brewing beer? Mmmmm, now that's yet another hobby that I'd like to get into. :thumb: Lemme know if any of you are looking for Official Taste Testers. :)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Green Horn said:
Brewing beer? Mmmmm, now that's yet another hobby that I'd like to get into. :thumb: Lemme know if any of you are looking for Official Taste Testers. :)

What hobby would you like to get into, brewing or tasting :joke: :laugh:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Sounds like a nice beer, I think IPA's need some sweetness to counter all the hops.
Here is my last one edited for bandwidth of course :laugh:
Grain
% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
------------------------------------------------------------
95.6 13.00 lbs. Pale Malt(2-row) America 1.036 2
3.7 0.50 lbs. Crystal 40L America 1.034 40
0.7 0.10 lbs. Roasted Barley America 1.028 450
Hops
Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil
--------------------------------------------------------
1.00 oz. Perle Pellet 9.00 35.0 60 min.
1.00 oz. Cascade Pellet 5.90 11.7 30 min.
1.00 oz. Cascade Pellet 5.90 7.7 20 min.
1.00 oz. Cascade Pellet 5.90 4.6 10 min.
2.00 oz. Cascade Whole 5.80 0.0 Dry Hop
Mash 1 hour @ 156 F
White Labs WLP001 Yeast

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
You guys are really into the beer making! Cool! I always wanted to try my hand at winemaking. Any of you know how to start that?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Some of the guys that were in my brewing club also did wine. My take is this, I can brew great beer, and lousy wine, Ill buy the good wine.

Most of the home wine I have tasted havent been as good as commercially available, dosent mean that it cant be, I just dont know those who have succeded.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Neil Wig said:
On the bright side

Bad Wine -> Fill Vinigar Jug -> Into Deep Freeze

Once frozen, invert over container.

Ta-Da! Port!

:laugh:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
GETMETOCA said:
You guys are really into the beer making! Cool! I always wanted to try my hand at wine making. Any of you know how to start that?

I believe that this is close to your neck of the woods...

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/

Give it shot, like stated above I'm good at beer, not so good at wine. :ugg:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Top Bottom