More clutch problems ... maybe?

sorny

May 26, 2004
Ok, finally got to get out and ride my YZ over the weekend. Took it out to a strip pit and rode around the hills. Went up some pretty steep rock/dirt hills, which rocked. Anyways, Bike works great most of the time. Only problem I had was when I come to a stop and leave it in gear, even tho the clutch is pulled as tight as it can go it still stalls 90% of the time, so I have to go into neutral when I'm planning on stopping. I figured that was the cable, no biggie, I'll get a new one this week. Well, on the 1/2 mile trip home on the road I was in 3rd and 4th gear and was noticing when I gas it more than 1/2 throttle it would spin w/o any increase in speed like the clutch was slipping.

Wierd thing was that during all that trail riding in 1st and 2nd gear mainly it never done it, just when you're really getting on it in the higher gears. I thought that might rule out the cable being the problem since it would be doing the complete opposite then since the cable wouldn't be making the clutch drag and grab easier but keeping it from grabbing all the way. Anyone have any ideas before I just start dumping money in parts (I spent all my cash on the bike) that don't need replacing?

Also, I checked the clutch basket, it isn't notched at all, looks great. But I didn't pull the clutches out and look at them.

Top Bottom