KTMDan

Mar 23, 2001
I just got a 2000 250 and it seems a little low on power and everything I read says that KTM lost some power on the 250's for 2000. Does anyone know how I can get some of it back?

------------------

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
Dan, the power is good on the '01 and if I remember in '99 it was good too. This year the cylinder was changed to add/redesign the ports for more power, and I think the ignition is new too. I don't know what changed from '99 to '00, but all three years the bike is similar and parts should be pretty much interchangeable. It would be expensive initially to get a new ignition or cylinder but if that was all to solve the problem it would be worth it. I will try and dig out last years reviews on the '00 and see what they recommended for fixes. You can always get a pipe like the FMF Gnarly, or a RAD valve which will probably help a little. Good luck with the bike!

------------------
Karen
'97 KX250
'01 KTM 250 EXC

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
The easiest way is to change the exhaust system. There are many options: FMF, ProCircuit, SPES, Dynoport, and KTM hardware(from KTM used on World Enduro bikes), Acerbis (E35 is a very quite unrestrictive muffler/SA). Note that KTM hardware has quite a few aftermarket parts designed specifically to customize your KTM to your liking.

------------------

dstktmusa

Jan 5, 2001
The addition of the 2001 cylinder makes big improvements. KTM changed the CDI box for the 2001 but the stators are both the same.

------------------

Top Bottom