Mr.Green

Mar 26, 2001
Dave: I have 01' 220 and have installed a gnarly torque, with a turbine core II.I recently put in a 142 main and lowered the needle to second clip.I actually lost power.There was a huge difference in bottom end on the hills.I went back to the 145 main and much better.Any ideas how I can improve the lower end with the jetting?
Maybe different plug?(br7es)I still run the stock pilot.Also did the airbox mod that was recommended .:cool:

RADMAN

Jun 20, 2001
I recently added the same pipe and spark arrestor..I didn't mess with my jettings at all...I liked the way my bike performed with no change....I did add a steahly flywheel weight at the same time and I like the whole package...because i did it all at the same time I am not sure wich mod benefited me the most..but i feel like my 2001 kdx could climb a wall If i could hang on!

BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
My bike has the stock pipe and silencer.I did the air box mods and rejetted.The best bang for the buck was Boyesen reeds.I noticed a big difference in the bottem to mid range transition.So much ,that I even was able to use the 12 tooth countershaft sprocket that I had bought earlier.

auger in

Jun 27, 2000
Depending on your altitude and temp. you might need to change your pilot jet and play with air screw. I have a '99 220 with same pipe and mods, going leaner on the pilot jet made a big diff. I ride between 5000' and 8500' in the summer with temp 85-95 deg. I am currently running #40 pilot, clip 3 down, #142 main, air screw 1 1/4 out. I tried the clip 2 down, but lost power both @ low end & mid range. Once you have the correct pilot jet, 1/4 turn on A.S. makes a big diff from idle to 1/8 throttle. This jetting runs a little fat at higher altitude, but still makes good power & I still have a margin of safety for cool days &/or high humidity.

Top Bottom