rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
i want to make my kid's '01 cr 80 expert have more low end power.i realize this bike is not exactly made for this, but anything would probably make it easier to ride. my 1st thought was to get a fmf or procircuit pipe, but other friend's have suggested a fly wheel weight.

i don't really know alot about fly wheel weights, so any info would be helpful.

thanks

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The flywheel weight isn't going to give it more power anywhere, just smooth out the delivery making the bike more tractable. I think you would really be doing yourself a HUGE favor by giving Eric Gorr a call and discussing what you really want out of the bike, chances are VERY high that he can get you there and for a lot less than you might think.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
if you dont want to spend the 100 dollars for the port job, get a reed spacer. 23 dollars from moose. I put one on my 2002 cr80 and it helps, but probably not as much as porting will.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I'm pretty sure Cometic makes a thin base gasket for that bike. I don't have personal experience with it, but it should help. Beyond that, I wouldn't waste time or money with bolt-ons. Take Pat's advice and let Eric work his magic.

Miller

Jul 8, 2002
My son also has a 01 CR 80. It has been a very good bike. Trying to get low end power out of that is not going to be easy. It is made to make power way up in the RPM range, Which it does very good. We changed the gears and added Boyson reeds, along with a midly ported and polished head. I am waiting for a PC pipe and 304 silencer. It will be here Wed and the next race is this Sat and Sun. Will let you know how we made out.

FMFHonda161

Jul 11, 2002
If you buy a Wiseco piston and send it in to Hinson Racing in Iowa then for about 70 bucks you'll wonder what happened to the 80. That's what me and my dad did to my bike and it halls. I'm keepin with the 125 and 250. (Then again it's not like i wasn't before.LOL)

Miller

Jul 8, 2002
Had great time at the race in Christmas MI. Got a 3rd and 4th. My sons says the bike is alot faster on top with real good pull throughout. I believe it was $ well spent over the stock pipe. This week we race on our home track (where we do most of our riding). We tested the bike there before the pipe change. Will find out how much better it runs after this Sunday's race.

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
Steahly makes one tfor cr 80s smae motors in both bikes. i ride my 02 in woods only i added an fmf silencer and its great no problem with it

Top Bottom