More Microsoft love!

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
As someone who has worked with Microsoft application development products for over a decade now, I can absolutely say that was outstanding!

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
:rotfl: :rotfl: the blue screen of death :bang:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Classic! :p

Frank

Jul 31, 1999
You know, as the administrator of over 200 servers all running MS operating systems I have to laugh.

It makes me queasy about running Exchange 2007 in production already, but hey it's only my job.... :bang:

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
High Lord Gomer said:
LOL! Haji...what do you do?

I've worked in the Information Technology field for years. Much of that time as a Systems Analyst "developing software solutions using Microsoft programs" like Visual Basic, SQL Server etc.

Generally I love working with MS programs, but when you've written software that generates the blue screen of death due to an MS bug in the compiler, well you can sympathize with the frustration!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Frank....you should be running IMail instead of exchange, then!

Yes, I work for Ipswitch. I have worked on IMail and the Unix version of WhatsUp. I haven't worked on WS-FTP, yet, though.

B

biglou

Not to hijack, but anyone recommend a free FTP program? I lost WS-FTP when the old HD dumped, and the latest DL is 30-day trial only for free. Yeah, I'm a cheap basturd.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
biglou said:
Not to hijack, but anyone recommend a free FTP program? I lost WS-FTP when the old HD dumped, and the latest DL is 30-day trial only for free. Yeah, I'm a cheap basturd.

Lou,
I've used a free version of SmartFTP for about three years and have been mostly satisfied with it, but I am not the most tech savy person to ask.

http://www.smartftp.com/?smartftp

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Dang! WMV isn't supported on Intel Macs.I guess I'm going to give the "flip 4 Mac" software a shot.....I hate re-booting back into Windows just to view a WMV file.

EDIT:
Couldn't boot back into XP. I tried installing Linux Ubuntu on the XP side a few days ago,and now Im getting a disk error.

No biggie, I'll just re-install XP later this evening.Lucky for me I didn't have anything important on that partition anyway. :blah:

catatonic

Jun 11, 2006
<3 my dual boot Linux/WinXP desktop
Ubuntu 6.06
soon i'm gonna triple boot on a MacBook Ubuntu/Mac/WinXP

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…