Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Nikki & Red ...
Yeah, Nikki embarrased a lot of us by hammering the big step-up moments later.

Attachments

• red_nikki.jpg
    red_nikki.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 382

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
As I'm sure you'll hear from Thump, I'm one of the wuss bags that didn't jump the big step up........next year. I just saved it for next year, yea that's it......

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Kinda hard to say I beat you in a race when you were taking a fuggin nap in the first turn......

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
oldguy said:
That pic of Will on the big stepup is honestly the first picture I have ever seen that really shows how big it really is

It was actually a bit "bigger" this year. Earlier in the week before Kris re-worked it, I sat at the top looking down, and thought to myself "there is no way this is the same jump I was clearing last year". Well, this thing just looks big no matter what, but like you said pictures usually don't do it justice.

This year, on my "loser/obsolete" two stroke it takes about 90% to clear it even when I square up the corner and get a good run, where last year it was more like 80%, not sure specifically what's different though.

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Just the picture of that step-up has me quivering.

:ohmy:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
That whole track made me nervous, and I like hill climbing!

:yikes:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
The big step-up:

It was bigger this year no doubt. Last year I could cruise up the approach in 4th, let off for a second, then gas it on the takeoff. This year I shifted to 4th and held her open until I was airborne. It was pretty easy Thursday morning, I saw Will P hit it using the middle line and I was able to make about 15 clean passes. Then in the tag-team MX race, I hit it both laps in the middle line and clipped my back tire on the landing both times as the approach was getting choppy. I shoulda stopped there, but Thursday afternoon, I watched a few locals on 450's hit some different lines (since the middle one was spent) and I decided to try a new line. All was good, until I got kicked in the last few feet. Went off sideways, came up short, and got ejected. Ouch. Had to rest up most of Friday, until I found buko's pain pills. :ohmy:

Attachments

• 100_2630s.JPG
    100_2630s.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 223

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I'm not as skeered now that I've seen it from that viewpoint. :)

Top Bottom