199kx60

Sep 24, 2007
Ok i just recently purchaced a 2005 ttr 125l and am very satasfied with the power it has. I was just wondering for about 150 bucks what aftermarket could i put on it to give me a little more power. I have already modified the airbox and rejeted. I also Have just and end cap for the exhaust.

thanks tom

B

biglou

You can have your flywheel turned down for roughly $50. Makes the bike MUCH snappier without making it more prone to stalling. Biggest bang for the buck mod I did to mine. Next in line would be the BBR 150cc kit with cam. I got mine for $379 off e-bay. Worth every penny. And the PC pipe to go along with it. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Get a pipe that has more design work and less marketing behind it. Try www.Thunder-Alley.Net I've used Bob's pipes on several of our 4T's and have never been disappointed in the quality of the product or the real world performance gains. My XR284 project was the first bike I tried one on from Rich's suggestion. Then we had one made for our XR80(95cc) and I was even more impressed with what I got and finally I had one made up for a pit bike that was just as impressive.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
199kx60 said:
Which Pro Circuit exhaust do you guys recomend? I was also looking at the thrust chamber from bbr. Heres the link http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/Products/Products.htm
Please let me know what you think

thanks tom
:|

I'm tellin' ya' the T-A systems actually work, not just more noise and flash but actual performance. If you are just looking for flash get some handle bar streamers and gold wheels.

199kx60

Sep 24, 2007
are there any other sugestions that would give me the best bang for my buck which is about no more than 200. i know its kinda low but what do you think?

thanks tom

199kx60

Sep 24, 2007
are all the exhaust system the same price because call me retarded but i dont see a system there for a ttr 125 sorry if i looked past it

tom

199kx60

Sep 24, 2007
sorry pat man i did not mean to ignaore you i thought i said thid=s in my last post. but call me retarded or something but i did not see any systems fro ta for a ttr 125 are they all the same price?

199kx60

Sep 24, 2007
god i hate it when that happens do any of you know why i cant see my previous post until i look retarded and post the same thing again?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Don't worry about it, just learn from your mistakes posting and the problems won't happen.

I'm not worried about being ignored. Just call and ask for a price quote because they are all built to order. Options are natural or coated, spark arrestor or not, I'm sure there are some others. I told him the specific mods I had or had planned and those were also considered. In the end each time the T-A system was less costly than one of the marketing engineered systems.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The pricing was VERY competative with what MSRP is on most any system you've mentioned.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You'll be most happy with the turned down flywheel mod for an inexpensive mod that you'll feel. I'll see if I can get the specs from Rich the king of 4 stroke tech and builder of some killer little 4t's (he did both my XR engines).

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Look at the pipe on XR100.com as well. Their pipe is of a similar design (megaphone) just a different end cap (disc type) than the T-A system. I think either would offer real performance benifit.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Key word "stuff".

199kx60

Sep 24, 2007
ok thanks i think im probably gonna turn down my flywheel because it seems to be the cheapest improvement that i can feel. and then after that im not sure what.

thanks all tom

Top Bottom