wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I just re-jetted my 426 per James Deans specs, and man, am I stoked. This bike REALLY rips now! Its amazing how much more power is in there when you use the right needle, jets, etc. I thought it was great after doing the usual mods like the airbox lid, throttle stop, and grey wire, but that was just the beginning! These things are so de-tuned from the factory. I wonder whats gonna happen when I go to YZ timing? It just keeps getting better!
Thanks James, YOU ROCK! :cool: :)

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Wayno, gettting more juice outta that 426 aye, sounds cool. We road locally last Sunday and had a great ride up here on the powerlines ect. Next week we will either go to MTA or Brewster again, let me know if you wanna go!

PS, Do the YZ timing!!!!:p

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
MTA-All the way

Dude-Where ya been? Did you get that big job? Hope so.
Hey I would love to do that ride but I MUST go and get the KTM from Lori within the next two weeks. That ride alone is 5 hours from down here. Maybe I could split it up, and stay over in Monticello one night. I will find out this week.
I really want to do MTA. The best riding weather is upon us, and the time is now. Keep me posted on your plans, and tell Roger I have some Honda stuff for him-and check your PM's.

Talk soon-
WO

Jonny426

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2001
Wayneo, where/how did you get the jetting specs from J.dean? I'm curious as to what you ended up with for sizes,and what you run for exhaust. The YZ timing made my bike's power feel smoother,more linear,and easier to control. Weel, sort of control. I need to find the right rear tire for my terrain. thanks Jonny426

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
"Sort of control" is right on dude. This thing has mad power right now, and Im still running slow WR timing. I know its gonna be a rocket ship after the timing change.
JD hooked me on TT. There are threads about all kinds of jetting related to your home environment. Check this one out:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002994.html

The settings I went with are towards the bottom of the thread. I think this guy James Dean is from Mars or something. Its that good.
Beware, he might turn your ride into a rocket. :cool:

Jonny426

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2001
Thanks Wayneo . I'm a bit lean 1/4 throttle, so i've been looking for a good starting point. I have put off the jetting because I haven't really decided on exhaust yet, but I guess I'll get my butt in gear order some goodies.

Top Bottom