...more rear brake problems! HELP ME!!!

ilikeriding

Jul 19, 2002
ok here we go again...If some you may remember i posted here about my rear calipers piston that wasn't moving, so i popped it out, put in new seals in, but no luck, nothing was moving. So before i did anything else i bled the rear brake for s.hits and giggles. but when i bled it... i noticed nothing came out of the bleed hose, so i took the brake line out of the caliper and noticed that when i pushed down the pedal, very very little came out of the hose.. so i think it could be clogged. Or is it supposed to be a very little amount that flows through the lines like that? I don't know much about brakes. help me! I want to ride this god damn bike as soon as possible! (1992 Cr125)

ilikeriding

Jul 19, 2002
the hose is ok i just checked it alittle while ago. My dad mentioned that he thinks that it needs to be bled right. but i bled quite a lot, but i also noticed something very recently..... its not building pressure, so i think it IS something in the master cylinder. help to anyone that has encountered this or even if ur good with brakes!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Pull the master cylender off and give it a good cleaning and change the o-rings. The plunger on your cylender gets alot of use. Clean it out and replace the o-rings. If there are any problems from there let us know.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I had a 79 Honda CB650 a couple of years back that been parked for over 10 years. The brake fluid had turned to milk, it was so nasty! I bled all of the fluid out of the line and manually flushed it with a syringe. When I put it back on the master cylinder and added brake fluid, an air bubble/pocket formed deep in the brake line. I tried everything to get the fluid all the way down the line. I would tap on the resevoir while squeezing the lever, flex the hose over and over again, and nothing would work. The bike shop recommended I replace the front brake (master cylinder, hose, piston, etc.), but I couldn't afford it (it was some outrageous price). Well, to make a long story short, I woke up one morning and the air bubble had slipped and I no longer had problems with the front brake! When I would hold the bottom of the brake line up and squeeze the lever, very little fluid would move. Similar to your problem. Once the bubble slipped, it moved plenty of fluid.

Top Bottom