JeremyML

Mar 13, 2002
Here's a brain twister for ya...

What all is involved in the electric starter kit from a 660R Raptor?
Is there some reason it could not be adapted to a 426F?

Personally, being the lazy bastich I am, I think it would be extremely cool having the only push-button start 426F. :eek: :confused:

Lets make a kit and sell it hahaha :aj:

JAMRACING

Apr 21, 2000
Since the raptor cases are completely different from the YZ, it would be a hell of a task...Unlike the XR400/EX400, where you "only" need to swap half the crank, the side cover, electrical system, stator, and other various doo-dads. Actually, the 98 YZ400 has a casting boss where a starter can be mounted. The reason is that the GP teams in Europe had starters on their bikes...

JeremyML

Mar 13, 2002
Yeah after doing some research it looks to be a daunting task. Daunting enough that I'm debating a different bike sooner or later so I can continue to be lazy. ;)

I am eyeballing KTM and Cannondale enduro bikes, probably be awhile before I'm seriously shopping though.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I believe that there is a french company that makes a e-start for thwe 400-426 yam.
I saw it on TT.

JeremyML

Mar 13, 2002
Magic button electric start kit from france $1550.00 converted to us dollar.Complete kit bolt on. adds 14-18 LBS appx
:whiner: :scream: :scream:
OMG. No way! I can't believe a kit to add a starter would cost so much, yikes! Makes the Cannondale more attractive! Sure it's $7,000+ for the bike, but so would an '02 YZ426F with a $1,500 starter kit, sheesh! Plus it would be a tank, nearly 20 pounds extra!

Steve wr400

Mar 14, 2002
There is a Push-Button kit for the 426F. Just saw it in a current mag and tested. It was actually tested on a YZ250F, took a quick punch of the button to start, worked everytime, and costs about 700 bucks. The same kit fits both the 426 and 250F's. What really sucks though is I can't find the article now & forgot the name of the manufacturer. Sorry.

Top Bottom