more speed

98dicksonm

Aug 5, 2002
i ride a 97 kdx 200 and hope to register it soon so i can legally ride to all the good trails, although at the moment my bike sits comfortably at about 80 to 90 kph and the speed limit on the way to most good trails is 110 kph the bike can easily reach this limit at the moment but it means y have to rev the guts out of it and i dont want to do that for 20 min at a time im currently running a 13 tooth up front and 47 at the rear, any suggestions?

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
98dicksonm;
Whatever you do to the gearing for the highway will have a negative impact on trail riding. I think you are between a rock and a hard spot.
Lew

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You could put a 14T on the front, carry your 13T with you, change it when you get to the trails. It would only take a minute. Granted, you'd need to adjust the chain after the sprocket r/r.

Other than that, as lew says, you aren't going to make the 200 some kinda' highway cruiser and have it any good for any sort of trail riding.

110kph is about IT for the 200. I certainly wouldn't be running mine that way for miles and miles.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…