firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well my friend Sandy died this morning of heart failure. She was 24. I was her bridesmaid this July. Dammit. Can this year get any worse?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Dan Sharla. Tough run of luck. Hang in there and stuff positive. My condolences. :(

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'm sorry to hear that :(
My condolences to you and her family

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
That is just terrible news. My condolences on your lost. It’s going to be rough the next few days.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My deepest condolences, Charlotte.
Please keep your head up and remain strong.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
dang! Heart failure at 24? There aren't enough words . . .

Was there any warning?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Sharla.

You have my sympathy. Hang in there, things will get better.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
My deepist condolences Sharla!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Very sorry to hear, Sharla. Very sad and TOO YOUNG! :whiner:

Hang in there - we're all here for ya.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I am so sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and her family.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks everyone. I'm still numb, for some reason it's not as bad as it was with Brian though I'm sure had I been there it would be different.

Sandy started getting really sick just about a year ago--it started as some rare, weird blood disease (don't remember the name--had some long name & some initials). They were adding plasma to her blood every day. That started to get better then changed into another condition--her blood was clotting too much or something--and then her kidneys failed. I think everything else stabilized and she was going to have a transplant this month or next. She was in the hospital for something less serious, then got a staph infection, then that was it. I don't know much details.

She was WAY too young. She was my first friend at my old school, the first one to be nice to the new kid. We'd go for a little while without talking here and there but overall stayed in touch. Now I feel like a jackass, I haven't talked to her since before Christmas--and now it's too late.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Hang in there Sharla.  I know it's tough.  I lost my best friend to a brain aneurism a few years ago.  One week he is fine, the next week...he is gone.  "Try" to keep your head up.

:whiner:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
My sincerest sympathies are with you.:(

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Sharla you shouldn't beat yourself up over anything. You couldn't have known. My deepest condolences to you and her family.

(I remember driving around Olympia all morning trying to find that wedding. :) )

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Sharla: As one that has been there (frequent losses) don't give up believing in people like I did. As ~d~ said, there in nothing you could have done except be a true and eternal friend.

The loss of someone as young as Sandy and Brian hurt at the deepest of levels because as my Grandmother said at the funeral for the last of her five children that preceeded her in death ... No one should have to bury a child.

Top Bottom