nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Firecracker--you can't blame yourself for not knowing how quickly she was going to deteriorate.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, was it TTP (Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura)?

I'm very sorry.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
:whiner: Damn Sharla, i feel so bad. There's no justice in people going so young like that. Take care, we are all here for you. :ugg:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Very sorry to hear this, keep your head up and try to keep a smile in your heart.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thank you everyone. It's over now, no more funerals to go to. I have some great memories and pictures of them both.

Nephron, I think it had a "M" in the name? I'm not sure. It was fairly rare, not genetic, not lifestyle-induced and she was in great health before--no family history of anything, not even anemia. I think the original disorder had something to do with her body not producing plasma because she had weekly treatments where they pumped blood out of her body to add plasma. There was also some problem with clotting, she was taking blood thinners for a while.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
FC, the only diseases I can think of that would respond to Therapeutic Plasma Exhange (Apheresis or Plasmapheresis) with an 'M' are Myasthenia Gravis or Multiple Myeloma. There's no reason to expound on this, though. I just wish you the best in your recovery.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I just found this thread, I'm sorry for your loss Sharla. I'm terrible at finding the right thing to say when something like this happens. You've had a lot to go through lately, things can only get better for you in the future.

Sincerely,
Cam

Top Bottom